CHAPTER 20: Life's Full of Unwanted Coincidences

Minato thanked Kurama for the dish which made Kurama blush a bit. He chuckled aloud and quickly retreated as he saw a black-haired boy being thrown to the wall followed by a very angry blonde.

Kurama just watches and casually sips his tea. 'I'll just ask for the blood test tomorrow. Today doesn't seem to be a good time.' he thought as he sun-shined to Kushina.

Once Minato left, Naruto and Sasuke forgot the reason for their fight in the first place it became real when he left.

Kurama knew he had to stop them so he materialized his chakra and made it into tiny chains that would morph into other shapes depending on Kurama's liking. They immediately stopped.

Together with their shadow clones they cleaned up and restored the house as best as they could.

They tried to get Kurama to help but he refused. He told them, it was their fault and their idea so they should clean up their mess. Naruto and Sasuke couldn't exactly refute that. Kurama is correct.

After they finally finished after 30 minutes, Sasuke and Naruto decided to go out but for their reasons.

Naruto wanted to eat at Ichiraku Ramen, he tried to ask Sasuke to come with him but denied it and told him, "I'll go with you next time." Naruto gave him a big grin and told him that he better keep his words or he will personally send his ass to space. Sasuke just laughed and told him, "He'll take up the challenge." he said with a smile then Sasuke's body flickered to his favorite weapon shop as a child before he went rogue.

Fugaku on the other hand just happened to be strolling down the streets of Konoha with Itachi. He wanted to buy some new weapons and he loved this one shop downtown and Sasuke is also there.

However, Sasuke was so immersed in weapon gazing that he almost let his guard down until he sensed his father's and Itachi's chakra signature nearby. They were heading this way. Never in a million years would he forget it. He needed to leave. He had to leave. He can't meet them now. He's not ready!

*Creak

The door opened revealing a young Itachi and Fugaku at the door that Sasuke tried to leave. 'Fuck...what do I do now?' he thought to himself.

They stared at each other in a tense staring contest, but this was more about guts. Fugaku was honestly impressed with the way Sasuke put himself together. Although he could sense nervousness he doesn't let it show in his eyes, face, posture, or body language.

Quite remarkable, but not as incredible as his son, Itachi. Just as Fugaku was about to ask Sasuke for the note or show him his Sharingan, Itachi tugged on his pants, signaling that he wanted to go.

Fugaku decided to listen to him and walked past Sasuke much to his relief since he could finally breathe or so he thought. His father or future father told him to meet up at the apartment they live in.

Itachi also wanted to tag along, but Fugaku strongly said no. Itachi kept on pestering since he wanted to get to know Sasuke. Fugaku sighed in defeat as he allowed him to go with him.

Watching this, Sasuke couldn't help but feel a little jealous. His dad never treated him so gently, and to see him behave this way towards Itachi made him envy his brother a bit.

Even though, the brother he knew is dead he just hopes the present him won't be like the future him. He also hopes that the massacre doesn't happen. He doesn't want to watch as little him grow to become a dark demonic S rank criminal. It would make him feel even more guilty for the deeds he's done in the past.

Sasuke then reluctantly gave his father a curt nod before quietly scurrying off to his apartment. When he got back, Sasuke's eyes looked dull. His wave motions told both Naruto and Kurama that he was feeling nervous, anxious, and troubled. Naruto was worried about him, but he didn't know why Sasuke felt this way.

"Hey Kurama," he whispered. "Do you think he got rejected by a girl?"

"I don't think so," he whispered back. "The girls are usually the ones that flock to him."

"That's true." contemplated Naruto.

"Do you think he met his family then?" asked Naruto.

"I think so." agreed Kurama. They stayed silent for a bit, Naruto wanted to comfort him in his own way, but Kurama told him not to.

His family is a very sensitive subject, he might say something that will set him off. Naruto heeded his advice and decided to learn cooking from Kurama. He asked him how he knew how to cook.

Kurama simply said, "War. Teaches you a lot of stuff." he solemnly said. Naruto didn't see his expression but he guessed it had something to do with the Heavenly War.

Now that he thinks about it, they have been so worked up with cementing their stay here, that they forgot to plan for the war. However, Naruto decided to keep it Hush, Hush, since Sasuke isn't in a good mood.

When Naruto, Kurama, and Sasuke were casually eating, they heard a knock on their door. Sasuke reluctantly got up from his seat, and slowly walked up to the door.

He hesitantly turned the knob and when it finally opened, both Naruto and Kurama widened their eyes. They then knew why Sasuke was being unusually anxious today. His father and his brother wanted to meet him!

"Kurama...I think we need to have an extra sack of tomatoes by the time this entire bomb blows up. Sasuke will become a haggard depressive mess after this." he whispered to Kurama while watching as the two previously dead Uchihas proudly walk into their apartment.

"Yep," said Kurama. "We're going to need a lot of it."

"Mhm."

"And you're going to get it." Naruto snapped his head at Kurama with a shocked face.

"What? Why me?!"

"Because I don't want to do it. That's your problem, not mine," he says as if that's a good reason.

"I-"

"Hey, I cook you ramen every day you lazy brat."

"Is that even a proper excuse?"

"It's called a reimbursement." Naruto scoffed. He knew Kurama hated Uchiha's. The fact that he hasn't tried killing Sasuke is already a miracle.

"I really hope he's going to be fine," Naruto muttered to himself as he looked at the closed room, where Fugaku, Itachi, and Sasuke went in.