CHAPTER 22: Who is she?

Fugaku and Itachi came back to the house feeling a bit satisfied. Itachi would occasionally talk about Sasuke, which made Fugaku smile a bit. Itachi on the other hand didn't know why he felt so attached to Sasuke. He just met him once and had only known him for a couple of minutes but he wanted to protect him. He would even kill his entire clan just to protect him.

As they walked, Minato and Kushina happened to be shopping in one of the food stands they walked by. Fugaku hoped and prayed to God Minato wouldn't greet him, but he did anyway.

"Fugaku! Hi!" Minato greeted aloud, walking away now and pretending not to hear would make him seem childish.

"Hello, Minato."

"You seem to be going back from their apartment's direction. Did you meet Sasuke?"

"Yes. I did. He has the Sharingan and he has the note."

"Does that mean, does that mean Naruto is my brother?" He asked with hope shining in his eyes.

"It seems like it."

"Yes!"

"But, I suggest approaching them slowly," Fugaku advised which made Minato, Kushina, and Itachi surprised.

"They are very protective of one another. Sasuke wouldn't even leave or agree to the adoption until Itachi said that we will take the other two in." Leaving out the looks of quilt, nervousness, and respect when seeing him. Even from the first meeting, Sasuke seemed to respect him. It made him a bit overconfident that he would agree to the adoption, but he will think about that later.

"I see, that's understandable! Kushina! I have, I have a family." he looked at her with a soft smile.

"Ya database!" she exclaimed with her fists pumped up. Minato laughed at the sentiment.

"Sasuke also happens to be, my older cousin," Itachi added in.

"What?! Really? Fugaku, for real?" Minato asked, Kushina also looked at him a bit surprised. Fugaku just sighed as he looked at Itachi, who looked away from him.

"Yes."

"Wow. No wonder. You wouldn't just take anyone in. Your sister huh." Minato said as his eyes looked a bit distant.

"Yeah."

"Well! How about you, Itachi and Minato come visit my house! You can invite your wife too. It's going to be a feast! A celebration!" Kushina yelled as she tried to come up with a way to ease the tense atmosphere.

"Ok! Sure Kushina, let's do that. I'm pretty sure Fugaku would be okay with it. Right?" Minato said with a nice smile. Fugaku said no, but Itachi looked at him with puppy dog eyes. He wanted to go. Minato laughed at Fugaku's change in attitude towards his son. It was quite funny.

'What is going on with my son today?!' thought Fugaku as he was unwillingly being dragged away by his son, Minato, and Kushina.

When Fugaku went home, he was going to crack a beer and get drunk.

In another district of Konoha, Kakashi, Obito, and Rin walked down the alley, talking happily with one another, minus Kakashi he just walked alongside them.

Rin would ask him some questions, and he would answer them with short responses, Obito would also try to woo Rin but it just turned out off and wrong. Rin just thought he was being silly.

Kakashi would just blatantly laugh at him causing Obito to get angry at him. This was normal, day-to-day life for Team Minato.

They then walked together, side by side, and crossed a reservoir that had a swing at the bottom of the hill. There, Kakashi stopped for a second as he saw a girl, around his age, with long, flowing pink hair.

Kakashi couldn't see her face, but one thing that came across his mind was, 'Wow. She looks...nice.' Obito caught his glance and was going to use this as blackmail.

"Kakashi, do you know her?" Rin asked, completely oblivious to his short-termed affectionate eyes towards the mysterious, pink-haired girl.

"I don't know." he nonchalantly responded. Unaware of the weird looks given by Obito. He knew what was up. When Kakashi detected his funny looks he decided to tease him and told him that he had a baby spider creeping upon his face. It also looked like it was making fun of him.

Obito blushed, feeling embarrassed that such a thing happened in front of his crush. He slapped his face over and over again, Kakashi and Rin just laughed, he then knew, Kakashi played him.

"Kakashi you jerk!" Obito yelled at him, causing him to laugh even more. "That's what happens when you have dirty thoughts Obito~."

"How ironic. You read adult novels. Pretty sure you fantasize about females daily." Obito teased, which earned him Kakashi's one thousand years of death Jutsu, sending him flying into the air.

"This is an assault!" yelled Obito as he floated in the air.

"Sue me!" threatened Kakashi.

"I WILL!" Kakashi simply laughs. Rin then suggested they visit the sushi shop in district A. Kakashi nonchalantly agrees. When they started walking, Kushina dragged them away and told them to attend the dinner party.

She ordered them to help her set up the meals, and she also asked them why Obito was found in a bush far away from them. Kakashi and Rin sweatdropped. If they told her the truth she would punch their heads.

"We don't know either." denied both Kakashi and Rin.

Kushina looked at them with suspicion before dragging them around from shop to shop, store to store, and arriving at her house. Minato is also there and he smiled at them warmly.

The dinner party was nice, a bit awkward because of the Uchiha's but Mikito and Itachi were rather lively. Shisui wanted to tag along and he made it better. Minato realized Fugaku looked neglected so he excused himself and asked Fugaku to follow him.

Minato leaned on the tetras' bars that separated his house floor and the ground. The summer breeze calmly graced itself against his face.

Fugaku leaned on the left part of the wall near the door. Minato saw him and said, "Oh, you followed?" sounding surprised. Fugaku didn't buy the act though.

"Minato, if you're going to act like this, at least do a better job. It's way too obvious you're faking it." Fugaku said, sounding annoyed.

"Ahahaha you see I just invited you over here, since you looked lonely," he said with a sheepish smile. Fugaku deadpanned at him.

"If that's all then, I'm leaving," he said as he opened the door to leave until Minato stopped him.

"Wait, I almost forgot to ask you something. It's a bit important." Fugaku turned around to face him, his hands still holding the knob of the door.

"It's about Sasuke," he said, which made Fugaku release the handle door and move away. He leaned on the wall again.

"Talk."

"Ok, relax." Fugaku simply glares at him. Minato just sweatdrops.

"Anyways, Fugaku. Are you sure, he's Her child?" he asked Fugaku with serious eyes.

"Yes. I recognize her handwriting. I know how she writes. She applies her chakra onto it but makes sure to put a seal that hides it. She taught me how to detect it, so I know it's hers."

"I see..." he said as he looked down.

"My sister," Fugaku said. "She is crazy enough to bore the child of a madman."

"Yeah. She is. You can't tame a wild lion you know." Minato joked.

"Yeah." Fugaku's eyes seemed distant as he smiles at the memories of her, before returning to his stoic self. 'Where are you, sister?'