CHAPTER 27: Orochimaru's Approval

"Hello, sensei~" greeted Kakashi.

"Kakashi, what are you doing here sst?" replied Orochimaru with his usual slither.

"Oh, I just happened to pass by, sensei."

"Really?" said Orochimaru with a raised brow, not believing a word he said.

"Hai Kakashi-nii!" said Anko with excitedness at seeing her brother.

"Hello~ Anko. How are the dangos?" he asked the girl, whom he didn't even notice. He only saw his sensei but most of his attention was mostly fixated on Sakura. He cursed himself for being such a blind, lovesick fool.

By doing so, he must not meet her, but it seemed fate had other plans for him. He hated fate, he didn't even know why.

Most old men preached about it like it was God or something. Kakashi, Kakashi hated it so much, he dares say, despised it since birth.

"Dango's are great but what are doing here really? You're not one for sweets." Anko asked, helping Kakashi snap back to reality.

"Well, I-" Sakura, upon recognizing the name and voice turned around to face Kakashi. Her mesmerizing eyes locked with his.

Anko noticed this and she was grinning like a shot fox. She took this chance to tease him. She will never live it down, even after he dated or married her.

"We met again, Kakashi," she said with a soft smile. Kakashi blushed. 'What is going on with me? This has never happened before. Not with Rin, not with any of the other fangirls. Just what is it, that makes her so...different. I mean I know I have a crush on her but...seriously...what the hell?' he thought as he stared at her. The intensity of his gaze caused her to form red tints on his cheeks.

"OoOoO~ Kakashi~" cooed Anko as she giggled to herself, her dango sticks, on one hand, the other fancily covered the tip of her mouth, her smug grin as clear as day.

Kakashi wanted to teach her a lesson, by stealing her Dango's but that would be like shooting himself in the foot, so he refrained.

Orochimaru watched with prying eyes as his theory might have been confirmed. Sakura was the third wheel while Rin was the main girl? Rin watched with a sad and angry gaze, he then thought it was the other way around. However, he watched as the pinknette laughed at Anko's constant teasing and Kakashi trying to plan Anko's murder.

He saw in the corner of his eyes, Obito hiding in a bush with a camera since he saw flashes of the light bouncing off the ocular lenses.

He however paid no mind to it, as he recalled Sakumo's letter. Sakumo never wrote the name of said girl, which was a massive bombshell to them, because in every report given by Sakumo he was always detailed and straight to the point. He was also a Hatake, his hearing is naturally far better than an average shinobi or even the Sannin's themselves.

Their first thought regarding the letter was that it was a fake. To make sure it wasn't, they put some chakra onto the paper and the realistic life-like illusions of a wolf's gaping jaw appeared in front of them, which is one of Sakumo's specialties. It signified the originality and owner of the letter. It was indeed from Sakumo.

At the very end of the letter, there was a small note written at the bottom of the paper. It said, 'Lightly drizzle, lime on the back of the paper.' They did just as instructed, and found some very shocking things. There was a barrier that wrapped around them. It was unnoticeable, even to him but the purpose of it was to block out her name and protect them from small invisible attacks.

It couldn't be seen, but if one were to look closer and focused on it, you could see small inward bumps at the edges of the semicircle dome that protected them. Anyone could guess that the dome was cast by the petite, small, frail girl, even without Sakumo directly telling them.