CHAPTER 3: Vengeance is Best Served Cold

"Hokage – sama!" Kakashi took a side glance at the jonin and coldly asks him to report. The jonin flinched but, realized that his Hokage was grieving, so he paid no mind to it and just sighed. He knew, the information he was about to tell him, will shake the Hokage to the core. "We, we have found." Kakashi was becoming agitated, it was becoming increasingly annoying whenever a jonin or ninja spluttered words in his presence.

*Snap

He looked at his fingers and noticed that he broke his 30th brush pen. He just stared at it, then shifted his gaze to the work that he was trying so hard to finish.

Ink splattered all over it, a tick mark appeared on his forehead. 'You've got to be kidding me.' He groaned.

"Hokage – same..." the jonin quietly called out, Kakashi looked up from his paper and looked at the jonin before him.

He closes his eyes, to compose himself and then asked him with hostility. "What do you want, Jonin? If you've got something to say, then say it. I don't have time to deal with you." The jonin flinched but got the message. Seeing this Kakashi just sighed and wondered what he was doing.

"I'm sorry, I just didn't know if I should relay this message or not. It's important but..."

Kakashi sighed aloud. "Konoha has barely recovered from the war and...she left. It was sudden and without warning but she did it anyway. So if you have something to say, just speak." The jonin looked at his Hokage with sympathy as he also lost a loved one during the war. He took a deep breath and said it. "We know who killed Sakura."

Kakashi paused at the jonin's words. "Could you repeat that please?" He asked with disbelief wrapped around his voice.

"We know who killed Sakura." "Who?" he asked, his tone rising with anger and impatience.

He needed to let some steam out, and he wanted to take down the one who killed his most precious person.

"Who was it? Who killed Sakura?" "It was her assistant." "Bring her in here. Now." The jonin nodded and left. Time passed, and the clock began to tick.

Every second felt like hours, and Kakashi was beginning to feel impatient. He tapped and shakes his feet.

Another minute passed, and the amount of papers, tasks, and prep talks seems to have added up. Kakashi was losing patience. 10 minutes passed and he couldn't take it anymore.

As he stood from his desk to hunt down the assistant, the jonin finally came back with a wailing and crying girl. Struggling to move.

"Hokage! Lord Hokage! I have been framed!"

"Lord 6th I'm sorry for being late but I was busy trying to catch her. She tried to flee and leave town. I had to drag her back but she put up quite the fight." The jonin reported.

"I see...then you're forgiven for making me wait so long." he quietly said before shifting his gaze to the assistant.

He just stared at her while pouring out his chakra and blood lust, directing it to her. Everyone witnessed that at one moment she breathed like normal and the next second she was on her knees, struggling to breathe.

She began to beg him for forgiveness through shortened breaths, and gags. Her eyelids twitched unnaturally as she tried to keep in contact with the 6ths Hokage's cold, merciless eyes.

She knew she was going to die if she didn't say anything, so she tried to beg him for forgiveness the second time, giving him all sorts of excuses as to why she did what she did. Why did she poison Sakura, it was clear he didn't want to listen to it. No, he didn't.