Chapter six

"Wake up!" someone yelled. I got a déjà vu feeling, and thought it was my aunt. I screamed at the top of my lungs, and bolted straight up. I threw the blanked off me. "I'm sorry, aunt!" I yelled out. I expected my aunt to rant at me, but found four familiar figures looming over me. I immediately stopped sobbing. My face reddened, and I tried to control my shaking.

Dylan, Lukas, Shane and Maya stared down at me with shock. Shane, showing his fatherly features, was more concerned. I noticed how I was laying outside, only a blanked under me. The wind was rustling in some trees not far by. It was a soothing sound to my beating heart.

"Never," I breathed, "wake me up like that."

Dylan nodded fiercely, so I guessed it was he who waked me up.

My back was hurting after lying down at the cold, muddy ground for a longer time. Although, my head was spinning, so I didn't rush in sitting up.

The four of them still stared at me. No blinking. No nothing, just staring.

One second.

Two seconds.

Three-

"Are you okay?" And there it was- the predictable question. It wasn't something I expected from my aunt lately. No, I actually expected a light slap every time I woke up like that. Why I knew the question would come, was because of before my aunt believed her delusional friend- Bertha, her name surely was -when she said it was my fault that my parents died.

It wasn't the fault of mine, obviously.

Well, before that, she always asked the same awful question.

"Are you okay?"

I never was, and I never understood the meaning of that sentence. What was the matter? Did aunt truly ask out of concern, or out of politeness? Was I supposed to say, "I am fine." when I felt so much pain?

I didn't think so.

So why asking, when everyone clearly know that if someone wake up screaming, it's not a matter of "are you okay?", but a matter of "I am here for you".

But then again, why would I need anyone?

"How long?" I asked, ignoring the spontaneous question Dylan asked a minute ago- bless his fear for my well-being.

Maya cleared her throat, helping me sit up. The other guys backed away, letting me get a clear view of where I was.

Now that the sun was up, I could make out everything. My cold stare captured all that seemed unrealistic. Which was quite a lot.

Small flower-like plants were sticking up in clusters everywhere. It had a sweetly smell to it. Yellow stars were in the middle of the weird, white flowers. I almost felt pressured to taste one of them. It was strange and absurd, but I didn't make a move to touch any of them. My head was barely an inch away from one of the flowers. It disturbed me how amazing it made me feel, just by looking at it. With this in mind, I snapped away from it.

The hut was indeed surrounded by the forest. It was just a smaller clearing than before. The horse was about twenty foot away from me, with the cart still hanging in. It was still a shock to see the horse. Golden- almost glittering- fur covered every inch of its body. But that wasn't what caught my interest.

It stared at me.

It wasn't like I-don't-know-why staring. It was more like listen-to-what-I'm-trying-to-say staring- if that even made sense.

Confused and cautious I met its stare. It stamped its hoof once. Twice.

It tried to say something to me, but what? It stamped its hoof twice, indicating something. Again, I had no clue.