Chapter five

In these past days, I often found myself in the situation where I had to run for my life. I didn't know Shane's intentions, but it must have gotten surely worse now, after I hit him with my bag.

Seriously, who does that?

I just wanted to get away, sue me.

Of course, as I again ran for my dear life, I didn't want to stop. Not when my foot hurt like heck, and surely not when I heard a 'crack' behind me. But then again; I had to slow down sooner or later.

I sped up, ducking behind some bushes to catch my breath. For five minutes straight, it was only my breathing to be heard. I quickly dropped the bag from my shoulder, thinking how ironic it was that I didn't want to stop, but had to. I didn't want to get caught, and then I had to be careful not to gain attention.

Well, in this misty forest, where everything seemed alive, it was hard to not gain anything. Lukas, Shane and Dylan knew what they looked for. Me, that is.

I went through everything in my bag, and cursed myself for not bringing water. It would make the bag heavier, but at least I wouldn't be bone-straight thirsty.

I could see the sun in the horizon, and knew it would soon get dark. I needed shelter, but not something like a cave. I shivered, absolutely not a cave.

I decided it would be better to find a small hut, or even a house, before someone caught up with me.

My leg had gotten much better. It surprised me, since I had put so much pressure on it while running. It was better that way, though. Now I could find shelter faster.

As I walked through the green forest, I took good time in taking in my surroundings. It was utterly beautiful, and absolutely out of the ordinary.

The trees and flowers almost bent towards me as I walked in a slow pace. The wind made it whistle through the leaves and branches. Even though my phone was dead, and my notebook gone, I was glad I was at least warm.

The sun was lower in the horizon now, and that made me quicken my pace. As much as I wanted to take in the beautiful sight, I knew I had to find shelter fast. I didn't like how the clouds covered most of the sky, and hoped it wouldn't rain.

My breath was unsteady, just as my heartbeat was too fast. I was sure anyone could have heard my heart from a mile away.

As if Luck suddenly granted me its glory, I found a small hut. It was a distance away, just down a steep hill. I started carefully making my way down, when it just started to rain.

I yelled in agony. The forest was behind me, dark and dusky, so at least I came out of that hole before it rained.

"Great," I sneered, throwing my hands up. The rain was soaking my bag and me, so I sped up my pace.

Bad move.

It was like in those old-time movies I used to watch all the time.

I fell down on the slippery, and may I say, wet, muddy ground. But it didn't stop there. I started to roll down the hill like a cartoon figure, yelling bloody murder all the way.

When I finally stopped rolling round and round, I was extremely dizzy and dirty.

The good thing was; I was just outside a small hut. It looked abandoned; I just hoped it stayed that way. I was drenched in cold rain, so I hurried around the hut to find an entrance. Surprisingly, the woods still surrounded me. This was just a more spacy clearing.

It wouldn't surprise me if this forest lasted forever.

I found a door, and quickly made my way inside.