Chapter three

Chapter Three

I could feel my body being dragged away from where I had laid. It didn't hurt. In fact, my body was numb. It didn't matter for me; I knew my body was well beaten up. Anyway, I tried focus on what the two boys said.

"She's supposed to be home!"

"Why doesn't she scream?"

"Do you think our Master will be mad if we take her sooner than later?"

"She's already seen too much."

Nothing made sense. It was impossible to try to make anything out of that. What I had seen, and what I had heard. It was all like a nightmare. As we closed in on a clearing in the misty, dark forest, I heard a horse neigh.

It wasn't anything spectacular with that; it was just a simple sound. It represented an animal. Nonetheless, that sound made my adrenaline level on its highest.

It happened fast. Maybe a little too fast for me to comprehend.

I opened up my eyes for real this time, took in the situation, snapped my arms away from the strangers, and took off. I could hear yelling behind me, as well as growling. I knew it was the animal I saw for some moment's ago- the horrific animal. I didn't think of my bag. As I ran, I could only think of getting away from the kidnappers. Only, the luck never granted me with its glory. I was weak and my body was aching. It resulted in me being throttled over by the creature. It rolled over me, pinning me down.

I knew that you shall never look a wild animal in the eyes, but its face was some mere centimeters away from mine. I couldn't let it win.

I gathered up all my courage, and looked the beast in the eyes.

Brown eyes were staring back at me. It was so humanly emotional that it scared me. I could see frustration, as well as impatience. I sucked in a deep breath, but I refused to let it see my fear.

Its fur was brown. It looked like a wolf- only; it was too large to be one. I was not a weak person, but I could tell it could easily knock me out. Before the two men could come back, the wolf-looking creature got of me. I gladly got of the ground. The moss was cold and wet; it was basically an improvement to not let the ground freeze me to death. The wolf, as it must be, bowed its head. I knew it was a sign of respect, but it confused me as to why such a powerful wolf would show any respect to a weak human as me.

I was tired, confused, and rather scared as the two boys threw themselves over me. I didn't bother to do anything now as they glared me down. It didn't stop me from doing it hard for them to transport me anywhere. I refused to walk willingly with them, and it resulted in one of them throwing me over his shoulder.

"Stupid girl," the man who held me huffed.

"Stupid patrolling mission," he continued his rant as he effortlessly carried me.

The wolf seemed glued to the other man's side, but no one seemed scared of the wild animal. I was fascinated by how this situation played out. First, I was fleeing from my abusive aunt. Then, these strangers captured me in a dying state.

However, anything was better than being with my aunt.

As we came to the clearing, after much cussing from the man who held me, I saw a golden horse. It seemed intimidating where it proudly stood, hooked up by a cart. I felt myself gasp, and struggled to get free from the man. I hadn't yet gotten a good look on my kidnappers or the wolf, but my interest only laid in the horse.

Its fur was golden, almost magical. It was mesmerizing, and I couldn't take my eyes off it. The grip on my hip loosened, and soon I found myself on the ground, laying yet in another uncomfortable position.