37 - falling to place (ii.)

Ran lay his head on her abdomen, Hikari's legs stretched above his frame as she combed through his hair. the man was busy looking at his iPad, scrolling through the reports from his underlings while taking occasional calls here and there. the girl had been through with a nap and reading multiple chapters of her book, but she doesn't dare move from the bed.

"should I help?"

"it's fine, it's fine," mumbled Ran, shortly kissing her inner thigh. the brushing of his neck against her core made her shamefully still.

he was busy. but he wanted to be near her, touching her somehow still—so he said. clingy Ran was still charming but it had its drawbacks.

"my back hurts," she says.

"doesn't it always?" he mutters.

"can I get up for a while?"

"alright," he sighs, sitting up from between her legs.

as he sat down on the mattress, his bare back was highlighted with the sunset lights. the whole day they had been working, and at around four Ran fetched her from working with Kokonoi because he needed her 'help.'

Hikari didn't expect help was just her existing in his vicinity while he worked. not that she was complaining. she touches his back, Ran flinching from the coldness of her palm before the warmth of her kiss between his shoulder blades cancelled it out.

her lips move up his nape.

"don't strain yourself...do you not feel sick anymore?" she says softly, her arms wrapping around him, hands gliding over his skin.

Ran cannot be immune to her touch. she wasn't good for his demanding work. if he cared he'd maybe put some distance, but instead he guides her hand down on his groin, his iPad laying discarded at the side.

"how vulgar, Ran."

"you know what you're doing."

"what's that?"

"keeping me from work," he smilingly says, turning towards her as he pushes her down the bed.

Hikari's back hit the soft mattress with a promising thud. what solidified that promise was Ran moving up over her, his hand prodding against the frame above her head as his handsome face stared back at her. he kissed the tip of her nose.

"I'm sorry if I'm boring you, I know we just made up—"

"why would you be sorry?"

"I'm not being attentive enough." he leans down to kiss her lips.

he'd already wrapped up his affairs as early as he could before taking Hikari back to their hotel room, but it wasn't so easy to actually be done with the work he was supposed to do while unconscious.

"I don't mind, Ran, I literally just needed to change position," she laughs as his lips move down her neck.

"what position?" he teased, playfully biting her skin.

she tried to push his shoulders, unable to contain her giggles as Ran locked her waist in a hold.

"Ran—"

"let me reposition you." his eyes were glinted with mischief as he flipped her over on her stomach, his hips pressing against her behind.

she whines at the feel of his erection, hiding her face in the pillow. his laugh tickles her ear as he kissed at her nape, the tearing of her shirt exposing her.

"I don't know if anyone's told you, but you can change out of clothes instead of always ripping them apart with knives." 

"has anyone ever told you your body never gives me that kind of patience?" he muses, unhooking her bra.