Chap.20 || Search for Iskall

Took a bit longer than usual to get this chapter out but it's out! Sorry for the late update! Here is some X angst cause this story needs a bit more angst.

TW:
-Mention of d3ath
-Mention of murd3r

"We were wondering if you've seen Iskall?" 

False was confused, "Iskall? I don't think I've seen him since the meeting at Boatem."

The 2 men sighed and thanked her before leaving for Gem's base, they were gonna head to Gem to see if X can locate him. 

The 2 could see the purple barrier come into view, Scott landed right in front of it and turned to Etho.

"How are you gonna get in the barri- Wait how did you even get in in the first place?!" Scott yelled finally realizing Etho somehow got in the barrier earlier.

"Teleportation Jutsu." The ninja shrugged, Etho then made some hand signs and all of the sudden he was past the barrier. Scott was left dumbfounded but once he recovered from the shock he just walked in like nothing ever happened. 

Gem made it so that Scott, X, Pearl, fWhip, and herself, could easily walk through or g the barrier. 

Scott walked through the pathway while Etho jumped from building to building, they soon arrived at Gem's palace and walked in. 

"Gem! Where are you?" Scott's voice rang through the hallway, Gem soon appeared around the corner looking down at a piece of paper in her hand. "Wat'cha need Scott?" She asked looking up to finally see Etho standing right beside the blue-haired male. 

"What- why- how- how are you here?!" Gem stammered, confused on how Etho managed to get through the barrier. She didn't let it down and he couldn't have just walked in. 

"Teleportation Jutsu." Etho sighed, Gem nodded still confused before turning to Scott. "Anyways, what'cha need?" "Well, I was hoping if you've seen Iskall anywhere?" Gem thought for a moment before shaking her head, "Sadly no, why are you looking for him?"

"I- uh- well- you see-" Etho stammered, sighing in defeat signaling for Scott to say something. "Well, don't panic or worry but uh." Scott paused for a moment. 

"Iskall's missing." 

"ISKALL IS WHAT?!" Xisuma came rushing out of the corner, a cup of coffee in his hand. Everyone could clearly see his messy hair and the eyebags under his eyes. 

Everyone went silent, X summoned his admin screen in a panic and frantically looked around for the button that shows everyone's locations. He finally found it and raised his finger up to press it when a hand stopped him. 

He looked up to see Gem, "X, chill out. You're not gonna get anywhere if you're panicking like this." X nods, calming down a bit. Gem looks over to Scott and Etho, "Stay here, I'll calm X down." She whispered, the 2 nodded. 

Gem led X back to her room, fWhip and Pearl should be in the training room preparing some equipment so no one should be in there. 

They walked in and closed the door, Gem sat X down on her bed and sat down beside him. "X, You need to calm down, you can't do your admin duties if you're not." Gem said softly, X looked down. 

"I know, but the her-hermits are d-dissapearing and the moon is big a-and there's a demon and n-now Iskall's gone, I-I just don't know wh-what to do anymore-" X was interrupted by Gem hugging him, he was surprised but hugged back. 

X let go of the hug, Gem let out a quiet sigh. "I know dealing with all of this is stressful, I help fWhip sometimes and it's complicated. You're trying your best to help the server and that's what matters, everyone knows that." She paused for a moment, "I know you haven't been sleeping, I see you in the library every night with your admin panel out. You've been pulling all-nighters for the past week, take a break and rest." 

"But-" X tried to protest but Gem shushed him, "Hush, you will rest and you will rest here. Don't bother staying awake and check the code, I'll know. Rest as long as you need and I'll be back soon." Gem walked to the entrance of her room, she slowly closed the door once making sure that X was asleep. 

She let out a relieved sigh and walked over to Etho and Scott, "Is he okay?" Scott asks realizing that Gem was back, "He's fine, currently sleeping right now." Gem smiled, "Anyways, what do you mean by Iskall's missing?" 

"Well, we don't know if he's missing for sure but he hasn't been answering Etho's messages and we can't find him, we don't want to ask everyone else and make them panic." Scott answered, "So we were wondering if you could help." He added. 

"Hm, I can't locate him but I know who can. You two search Iskall's farm's and the nether to see if he's there." Gem hummed, the 2 men nodded and ran out of her palace heading towards the closest nether portal.

Gem smiled before walking into her library and sat down on the floor cross legged, she took out an amethyst from her pocket and watched as it floated in her palm. 

She guided the amethyst to a spot in front of her, she then took out another amethyst shard and watched as it transforms into her staff. 

She places her staff on her lap, she closes her eyes and starts focusing, the only way to find out if Iskall was alive or not is to think about him. The amethyst will do the rest. 

A minute has passed and she slowly opened her eyes, her lips curve into a satisfied smirk once she sees that the amethyst of the top of her staff was glowing.

She took her staff back into her hand and lightly tapped the floating crystal in front of her with her staff, she set her staff back down and takes the floating crystal into her hands. 

The crystal slowly turned green, then it starts flickering from green to white. After a few seconds, the crystal was fully white meaning that Iskall was alive. 

Gem sighed in relief and stood up, the crystal still floating in her hands. She walks to the entrance of her room and slowly opens the door making sure that X doesn't wake up. She crept in and walked to her desk, she grabbed a small jar and opened it, then she carefully placed the crystal inside it before closing the lid. 

The crystal will remain white as long as Iskall's alive, Gem will keep an eye on the crystal making sure it doesn't turn black, if it does then sadly it means that Iskall has died or has been killed by someone. 

If it starts flickering between white and red, it means that Iskall had gotten hurt or is being hurt. 

For now, the crystal stayed white. 

Gem looked behind her to see X peacefully sleeping, she crept back out of her room and made sure to close her door. 

She headed in the direction of the training room. 

fWhip was the nearest admin so she wanted to ask if he could locate Iskall. 

All she hoped for was that Iskall was okay and fine. 

But for now.

The Search for Iskall continues.