38 | the adventure

38 | the adventure

It has been a week exactly since the incident with Alex. And, I accidentally spilled the beans to Elena about the Alex Incident and the news spread like wildfire just among our group. So all of us were now in our dorm room. I am on the cushion chair, making myself comfortable. Stefan and Kol laid on the bed. Elena standing. Rebecca sitting on the table. Klaus standing and leaning forward, as his hands rest on my chair. His chin right above my head. Matt and Katherine were sitting on the floor. Bonnie was standing beside Rebecca as she leaned against the table. Damon and Elijah have been called to come too. We need their opinions too.

Rebecca, Stefan, Elena, Katherine and Matt seemed so eager about this idea. They agreed to search for the three stones. Matt and Katherine were so happy when they heard the news because they hated being the odd ones out in the whole gang. It was pathetic. Rebecca had always craved for a human life and now she has the opportunity, so she is thrilled. Stefan always hated being a vampire and hated himself because of being a ripper so he immediately said ok. Elena was keep on changing her minds at first but when me and Bonnie started convincing her, she agreed.

Bonnie was happy about the news too. Kol whined about how he just became a witch and is not willing to give it all up just yet. It was kind of amusing but we all knew that he would eventually agree. I of course agreed for the whole deal from the beginning. So, the only person left was Klaus, Damon and Elijah. We are really hesitating telling Nathan about this whole thing. Although Elena keeps saying that he is harmless.

He had remained quiet the whole time, not giving his opinion for anything and it was driving me crazy.

Bonnie and Rebecca were examining the book. Bonnie had heard of the story too. She looked so intrigued of the book.

She mentioned that Ophelia, the eldest sister, ruled France so there we have it. Our first clue.

"I know you guys missed me,"

All of us didn't bother to see who it was.

Elijah followed Damon behind silently and being the smart one, realised the tension in the room. He vampire sped to the book Bonnie was holding. He might have figured it out because he gave Bonnie a knowing look and then turned around to face Klaus.

"Obviously, you wouldn't have agreed, brother,"

"I never said that," he said and I looked at him.

What is he trying to say?

Everyone was probably thinking the same thing because they were curious too. They knew how Klaus felt about the whole thing.

"If we go for the quest to find the three stones and we don't find them, then I win," he said grinning widely.

"But, if we do find them, I will agree with the plan," he said while looking at me intensely.

Everyone was silent.

"So, who's up for an adventure?" Stefan said, a cheeky grin on his face.

---------

So just like that, our Winter Holidays began and it was time to go. Bonnie kept the book safely and researched more about the story and found some intriguing information. Everyone was getting ready and packing everything. Klaus didn't want to go by flight. We were going on a cruise. A small one. Just for us. But, the cruise is apparently in France. So, we have to by flight to France and then after finding the stone, we can go by cruise.

In the end, we decided to let Nathan in on the secret. He was happy to help too.

We were all now in the flight, getting ready on the seat. I was sitting beside Stefan and Elena. Klaus sat behind me with Elijah on his side. Elena was the one who suggested this seating arrangement. She said that I have been spending too much time with Klaus. Anyway.

The flight had begun and we were chatting away happily. Just us. Stefan, me and Elena. Both are my most bestest of all best friends. Including Bonnie who was having the time of her life with Kol who was basically nudging his nose to her neck making her laugh because it's ticklish. I was happy for her. She deserved someone like him.

"Caroline, did you expect that life would turn this way?"

I looked at Stefan and shook my head truthfully who just smiled back at him. I miss having heart to heart conversations with my bestfriends.

"Did you?"

I asked him and he shook his head.

"Do you remember the time when we first met?" I asked Stefan and started laughing at a ridiculous memory.

"What's so funny about that?" he asked and I smiled.

"I was trying to grab your attention," I said and he started chuckling.

"Yeah," he paused. "You were, you have changed a lot since then," he said and I smiled at him.

I needed to hear that.

"I know," I said, "I am glad I changed, you were a huge part of it," I said gratefully.

"It's when you became a Vampire, then you changed," he said and sighed as he leaned his head further in the seat.

"You became so strong and independent," he said and closed his eyes.

I didn't say anything to it. I am thankful that Katherine changed me into a Vampire. Maybe I was born to change into one. Maybe it was meant to be. So that I can finally find who I am and love myself. Being a Vampire wasn't really a burden. It changed me into a better person. It didn't create that kind of impact to anyone else but me.

Maybe Klaus.

Who just turned into the human incarnation of Satan after turning into a Vampire. And Maybe now it's time for us to change back into humans again. The normal life that everyone deserves.

With that though, I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

-------

When I opened my eyes, I found myself staring at white light.

Oh.

My.

God.

Am I in heaven?