37 | madness

37 | madness

So, we are back in the apartment. We never talked after the conversation with Alex. We were too busy drowning in our own thoughts and I had a feeling that whatever we were going to talk about is going to end bad.

I sat myself comfortably on the sofa and he sat beside me. I placed the book on the table and studied it. There were so many carvings. I examined the holes and I found names on it.

"Helena...Ophelia...Svetlana," I whispered and Klaus looked over at the book to see the names too. It must be the names of the three sisters.

We were told by Alex that we needed a vampire, a witch and a werewolf to find the stones. Also, we should hurriedly do it before anyone tries to stop us.

"Sweetheart," he whispered looking at me. The way he said it just broke my insides.

"I know," I said and he kept quiet again. Then, after a few awkward and suffocating moments, he turned me over to face him.

"Listen," he said, "I don't want to do this," he added firmly and I nodded knowing he would say that.

But, I want to Klaus.

"I want to," I said and he nodded, knowing that I would say that. He turned away refusing to see me. He looked at the book. He turned away from it and then he stood up. He went to the bed room and slammed the door shut. I flinched at the sound and I knew I had made him angry.

I stayed there for a while, letting myself calm down and went inside, he wasn't there. He was not there. I checked the shower and it wasn't lit either. I saw the window open and I knew where he would be.

I quickly showered and wore a neat green dress. Then, I jumped down the window that Klaus opened. I made my way to the nearest bar.

Once, I reached there, I saw him sitting on one of the stools having a drink while a bartender was giving him seductive looks. I became angry at once. After, I entered the bar, I could see him looking at me through his peripheral vision. I took a seat beside him and gave the bartender a dirty look.

My man.

The bartender surprisingly didn't back down. She glared at me and asked me for my order. I asked for a cup of vodka and she went away. Klaus came closer to me and let his right hand entwine mine. I relaxed immediately.

Maybe things aren't that bad.

"I'm sorry I slammed the door, I was just really angry, I'm sorry. Are you angry with me? Please don't be. I'm really sorry," he muttered under his breath in a pleading way, pouring all his emotions into it, and I gave him a kiss on his cheek.

He smiled and kissed my forehead. Just like that, all the tension was gone.

My cup of vodka came and I gulped it down.

"Klaus, you know we still need to talk about it," I said and he looked away.

"There's nothing to say, I thought it was over, we are not going to search the stones," he said and I sighed.

"Why? Why not!" I exclaimed and this time it was his turn to sigh. "You want to give up everything?" he asked and searched my face for any leakage of emotion. But, I held my head strong enough and he turned away again.

"What's the point? I want a normal life," I said and he scoffed.

"Isn't this normal?" he asked and I shrugged. "I don't call this normal," I said.

"Why? Can't you see? Only when you turned into a vampire, you became strong, you became independent, you became powerful, it gave you so many advantages - " he was cut of by me.