Chapter 41

Previously on Chapter 40

I can tell Katara is still very angry by Jet's betrayal back then. But we don't have a choice. He could be our only lead in finding Appa. So we've got to take our chances. Besides... it's 5 vs 1. We have 4 benders in our group. So he's not going to win if he ended up being a traitor.

-Lake Laogai-

Y/N P.O.V

We follow Jet to a dimly lit warehouse. But the place is empty, except for a few sacks and a pile of canvas and rope. We don't see Appa anywhere.

"This is the place I heard about" Jet said. I turn to look at him. "There's nothing here" Aang said. "If you're only tricking us... I swear..." I said, glaring at him. Katara walks towards him.

"If this is a trap-" she said. "I told you, I work nearby! Two guys were talking about some giant furry creature they had, I figured it must be Appa!" Jet said, cutting her off.

"He was here!" Toph suddenly said. I turn to look at her. She's holding a clump of Appa's fur. Aang walks over to her. "We missed him!" He said, sadly. I hear sweeping sound and turn my head to see a man.

"They took that big thing yesterday. Shipped him out to some island. About time, I've been cleaning up fur, and various, uhhh ... leavings all day" he said. Aang turns to look at him. "What island? Where's Appa?" He said. He swiftly moves to stand closer to the man.

"Foreman said some rich royal type on Whaletail Island bought him up. Guess for a zoo or such. Though, could be the meat that'd be good" he said. "We've got to get to Whaletail Island!" He said. "But where's Whaletail Island?" I said.

"Far... very far" Sokka said. I turn to look at him. He is holding a map in his hand. He place the map on the ground. We gather around him. "Here it is. It's near the South Pole, almost all the way back home" he said.

"Aang, it will take us weeks just to get to the tip of the Earth Kingdom. And then we'll need to find a boat to get to the island" Katara said. "I don't care. We have a chance to find Appa! We have to try!" He said.

"Must be nice to visit an island. I haven't had a vacation for years" the man said. Katara turns to look at him. "Don't you have some more hair to clean up?" She said. "Shuffle on, I get you. No more need for Old Sweepy..." he said.

"You're right Aang, right now our first concern has to be finding Appa. We can come back when we have him" Katara said, turning to look at my brother. "All right, let's get moving" Sokka said.

"I'll come with you" Jet said. Katara instantly turns to look at him, stopping him from walking any closer towards us. "We don't need your help!" She said. Jet turns to look at her.

"Why won't you trust me?" He said. Katara rolls her eyes. "Gee, I wonder" she said. Jet turns round and walks away, leaving Katara, Toph and I. "Was this guy your boyfriend or something?" Toph said. I turn to look at Katara to see her reaction.

"What... no!" She said. She folds her arms and looks away from Toph. "I can tell you're lying~" Toph said, in a teasing voice. I let out a giggle when Katara runs away, embarrassed.

***

"We can take the train out to the wall but then we'll have to walk" Sokka said. Aang turns to look at him and smiles. "Don't worry, on the way back we'll be flying! Right, sis?" He said, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

Toph throws her arms in the air in satisfaction. She cheers. "We're finally leaving Ba Sing Se. Worst... city... ever!" She said.

"Jet!" I hear someone said. I turn my head to see Smellerbee and Longshot, Jet's Freedom Fighter. Katara turns to look at Jet in anger. "I thought you said you didn't have your "gang" anymore!" She said, glaring at him. "I don't!" He said, trying to prove himself. Smellerbee runs towards Jet and hugs him.

"We were so worried. How did you get away from the Dai Li?" She said. My eyes widened in shock at what she said. "The Dai Li?!" Katara said. "I don't know what she's talking about!" Jet said. "He got arrested by the Dai Li a couple of weeks ago. We saw them drag him away!" She said.

"Why would I be arrested? I've been living peacefully in the city!" Jet said. Toph kneels down as she feels the ground. "This doesn't make any sense. They're both telling the truth" she said.

"That's impossible!" Katara said. "No it's not! Toph can't tell who's lying because they both think they're telling the truth. Jet's been brainwashed!" Sokka said, pointing towards Jet.

"That's crazy! It can't be!" Jet said, as he tries to deny what we said. We slowly circle arounds him. He looks around and realize what we're doing. "Stay away from me!" He yelled.

Time-skip

Jet is tied up, while sitting on a chair. "The Dai Li must have sent Jet to mislead us, and that janitor was part of their plot, too!" Katara said. "I bet they have Appa here in the city" Aang said. I nod my head in agreement.

"Maybe he's in the same place they took Jet! Where did they take you?" I said, turning to look at Jet. He shakes his head. "Nowhere! I- I don't know what you're talking about!" He said.

"We need to find a way to jog his real memories" my brother said. "Maybe Katara should kiss him. That should bring something back!" Sokka said, teasingly. Katara turns to look at him in annoyance. "Maybe you should kiss him, Sokka!" She said. Sokka shrugs his shoulders.

"Hey, just an idea!" He said. "Not a good one..." I said, rolling my eyes at what he said. "A bad one!" Aang said. I can see jealousy all over his face. I let out a giggle.

"Jealous much?" I whispered. His whole face starts to turn scarlet by what I said. "Shhh!" He said. I just cover my mouth, trying to hold in my laughter. "Oh, wait! I've got it!" Sokka said. He plucks a straw from his mattress and stuff it inside Jet's mouth.

"I don't think it's working" Jet said, spitting it out. I walk towards him and squad down in front of him. "Hmm try to think of something from your past that triggers your emotions" I said.

"The Fire Nation! Remember what they did to your family!" Smellerbee said. "Close your eyes. Picture it" Katara said. He closes his eyes, and try what she said.

"No! It's too painful!" He said. "Maybe this will help" Katara said. She moves behind Jet and bend some water to his head. Jet closes his eyes again.

"They took me to a headquarters under the water. Like a lake!" He said. Something clicks in my head when he said that. "Wait! Remember what Joo Dee said?" I said. Sokka nods his head. "She said she went on vacation to Lake Laogai!" He said. Jet stands up. "That's it!

Lake Laogai

*to be continued*