Chapter 3

Previously on Chapter 2

"We have to try, Y/N... we have no other choices. Our time is running thin..." Aang said. I nod my head. "Yeah..." I said. He smiles softly at me and pulls me into a hug. I wrap my arms around his neck, hugging him back tightly. I just hope nothing bad will happen tomorrow.

-Fighting-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm laying on my side, facing the wall. I can't sleep as always. It's been like this since we left the Northern Water Tribe. After what happened between Zuko and I.

He's not as bad as I thought he was. But that still did not change the fact that he was the reason b/n died. I let out a sigh as I close my eyes, trying my best to fall asleep. I let out a sigh and turn to lay on my back, not being able to sleep. I place my hands behind my head. I stare at the ceiling.

"Y/N?" I hear someone said. I sit up and turn to the door to see Aang standing there. "What is it, Aang?" I asked. "Walk with me? I see you can't fall asleep either" he said. I nod my head and stand up. I walk with him as we leave the bedroom.

We stop by the terrace. I jump and take a seat on the railing. I let my feet dangling. I look up at the sky, letting my hands support my body.

"So... why do you want to talk?" I asked, turning to look at Aang who simply leans on the railing. He let out a sigh and turn to look at me. "Y/N. I don't think we should try to force the Avatar State..." he said. I furrow my eyebrows as I stare at him in confusion.

"Why?" I asked. "I keep getting the same dream of how I look at myself in the Avatar State. It was so scary, Y/N. I... can't control myself. The destruction we did in that state was... terrifying..." he said. I let out a sigh and nod my head in agreement. "I can't argue on that one... if that's what you think is the best. Then... I'll agree with your choice" I said. He smiles and me.

He turns to look at me and pulls me into a hug. I just hug him back, caressing his back softly. "Thank you, sis... what would I do without you?" He said. "Hey... we're twins. We have to look out for each other" I said. He pulls away and grins at me.

The Next Day

Aang gently holds my hand as we make our way to General Fong's office. I feel nervous. Mostly because I'm not sure how he's going to react with the choice that we made.

"The thing is... I don't think we'll be able to trigger it on purpose. So I guess that's it" Aang said. "You sure I can't change your mind?" He said. I nod my head at his question. "Yes... we're sure. We can only reach the Avatar States when we're in genuine danger" I said. "I see... I was afraid you'd say that" he said. Then he blasts his entire desk at us. My eyes widened as I jump out of the way. But Aang didn't get the chance to react. He got hit and got send out of the building.

"Aang!" I yelled out. I run towards the hole on the wall. I jump and land on the ground. I rush towards Aang's side. I move all the rock pieces. I help him to stand up. "Are you okay?" I asked. He only nods his head.

"Aang! Y/N!" Sokka yelled out. I turn to look at him as he tries to run towards us. But he got held down by two soldiers. I turn my head to look at General Fong as he looks at us from his office.

"Men! Attack the Avatars!" He said. The soldiers in an instant move to surround us. Aang and I stand back to back because of this. Some of them riding ostrich horse.

Fang jumps out of the building and lands in front of us, sending rock wave that put us off balance. But I manage to steady myself. I glare at General Fong in anger.

"What are you doing?!" I yelled. "I believe we're about to see results" he said, slyly. The soldiers starts to shoot earth coins at us. I jump out of the way and Aang doing the same.

"We're not your enemy!" I yelled. "We're not going to fight you!" Aang yelled. "Aang! Look out!" I yelled. He jumps out of the way as four giant coins is sent at him. I turn my head to see two coins coming at me. They shut close, trapping me in the middle hole. The rocks starts rolling, making me shut my eyes trying to prevent myself getting dizzy. The rock breaks and I fall on my butt. I get up as more soldiers starts to surround me.

"You two can't run forever!" General Fong yelled. I turn to look at him in anger. "You can't fight forever" Aang said. "Stop with this nonsense!" I said. Out of the corner of my eyes, I can see Katara.

"Katara. Get out of here!" I said. "I can help!" She said. She use her water-bending. But General Fong use his earth-bending creating a dust pillar, turning the water into mud. He closes his hand a little and Katara sinks knee deep.

"I can't move!" She said. "No! Let her go!!" I yelled. "Don't hurt her!" Aang yelled too. Aang leaps onto the ground to send a huge wave of air towards him. But General Fong creates an earth wall to deflect the air.

Aang rush towards him. He kneels down as he clutch his hands. I rush to Katara, trying to hold her. I try to pull her, but I can't move her at all.

"Stop this! You have to let her go!" Aang said. "You two can save her if you two went into the Avatar state" he said. "We're trying! We're trying!!" Aang said, desperately.

I got pulled down as Katara sinks even more. "I'm sinking!" She said. "I don't see glowing!" General Fong said. "Please!" Katara said as only her head is sticking out. "Stop this!! You don't need to do this" I yelled. "Apparently, I do" General Fong closes his hand, causing Katara to sink completely.

"Katara!" I yelled, I try to dig the ground. But I can't because it's solid ground. I clench my hands into a tight fist as I stand up, turning to look at General Fong in complete anger.

*to be continued*