Chapter 7

Previously on Chapter 6

"We're not lovebirds..." I said. "But we can see love in your eyes..." Lily said. I look away from Sokka. What a way to make it even more awkward. But that's not what we should be worrying about right now. We need to focus on how to get out of this cave.

-We Made It!-

Y/N P.O.V

"Oh, great! Your plan have led us to another dead end!" Moku complained. We are now standing in front of a wall of rubble. I let out a sigh and turn to look at him.

"At least he's trying something. Why do you keep on blaming him?" I asked. "Y/N's right! At least I'm thinking of ideas and trying to get us out of here, Moku" Sokka said. "Woah, woah, wait a minute. We're thinking of ideas? Because I have an idea for, like, an hour now" Chong said. I let out a sigh and roll my eyes.

"Yes! We're all thinking of ideas!" Sokka said, I can hear the anger and frustration in his eyes. I lift my hand and gently place it on his shoulder. "Sokka... calm down. I know you're scared. We all are... we have to stick together in order to get out of here..." I said. He just nods his head. I smile at him and wrap my arms around his neck softly.

"Well then... listen to this; if love is the key out of here. Then all we need to do is play a love song!" Chong said. Then he starts playing music and start to sing. Sokka let's out a groan and drop his head on my shoulder.

I gently held his hand after we pull away. Chong and the others keep playing their music and sings. "Come on, miss arrowhead. Sing!" He said. "Sorry... I can't sing..." I said. I can sing... just not in front of other people.

"Even if you're lost... you can lose the love because it's in your heart~" Chong sings. I turn to look at Sokka who slaps his forehead out of frustration. I let out a giggle.

"Why are you hurting yourself?" I said. I turn him to face me and gently caress his forehead. He blushes, making me blush as well. I notice he's starting to lean in. My eyes flutter close. But before he could kiss me. I hear a loud sound.

"Everyone... don't move!" I said, pulling away from Sokka. They stay quiet. I squint my eyes, trying to see through the darkness. Then suddenly, a groups of wolfbat starts flying frantically towards us. I lift my glider, preparing to fight them off. But they just fly passed us.

"Hey... you saved us!" Chong said. "No... they were trying to get away from something..." I said. "From what?" Chong said. The cave starts to shake. I try my best to stay balance.

Suddenly two giant badgermoles bursts through the cave. One of them closes their hands in praying manner. The wall behind them closes. Badgermoles, the real source of earth bending.

They approach us, causing Sokka to panic. He moves to stand behind me. I lift my glider, trying to defend these people. But these badgermoles didn't show any sign of attacking.

I lift my hand. "Y/N! What are you doing?" Sokka said. "Shh... it's okay..." I said. I slowly approach one of the badgermoles. I lift my hand and gently place it on its nose.

"They're friendly..." I said, grinning. The badgermole licks my cheek, making me giggle. "Hello~" I said, still giggling softly. The badgermole lowers its body and lay on the ground. I walk towards it and place my head on its forehead, as I keep caressing its head.

"Will you lead us out of here?" I asked, looking at the two of them. They nod their heads. The second one lowers its body. "Get on!" I said. I urge Sokka to wrap his arm around my shoulder. Then  jump on top of the badgermole's back. The others get on the other one. We turn around and start walking.

"Will you teach me a little earth-bending move?" I asked. The badgermole makes a sound as if saying yes. I grin and jumps to the ground. I turn to look at the badgermole as it starts to earth-bend. I tilt my head as I watch closely their each moves.

I nod my head and turn to look at the rock wall in front of me. I take a deep breath and slam my hand forward. The rock wall breaks open, making me grin happily.

"I did it!!" I yelled. I turn to the badgermole and hug its head. "Thank you..." I said, getting a lick as their reply. I continue to attempt using my earth-bending as we continue our way through.

Soon enough, we make it out of the cave. I start to grin happily, when I see Katara, Aang and Appa. I start to tear up as I rush towards my brother. I pull him into a tight hug.

"I'm so happy to see you again, sis. I thought that I won't be able to see you..." he said. "I'm happy to see you too, Aang. These badgermoles help us out of the cave" I said, turning to the badgermoles. I bow at them.

"Thank you for leading us... along with teaching me earth-bending..." I said. "They taught you earth-bending???" Aang said, looking at me in shock. I grin and nod my head.

"Yeah... but I still need to learn. I can only move the rocks..." I said. "Really? Show me!" He said. I turn my head as the badgermoles turns around to enter the cave.

"I'll close the cave for you!" I said. I rush forward and use my earth-bending to close the holes me and the badgermoles created. I turn to look at Aang to see him gaping at me.

I just grin at him. "You have to teach me!!" He said. "I'd love to. But I don't know how to teach you. I just watch them do it..." I said. "Aw, man!" He said. I let out a giggle and pat his back. "Don't worry, Aang. We will learn from Bumi soon" I said. He just nods his head, smiling at me.

"Why is your forehead all red?" Katara said. I turn to see her looking at Sokka. Chong leans closer to him. "Nobody react to what I'm about to say. I think those two might be the Avatars" he said. Sokka smacks his forehead once more, making Chong squints his eyes at him.

"Yeah... that's why..." I said, giggling to myself. "So, are you guys going to come to Omashu with us?" Aang said. "Nope" Moku said. "Okay, thanks for everything, Moku..." I said, bowing at him. They turn around and walks away.

Chong place a flower necklace around Sokka's neck. "Sokka, I hope you learned a little something about not letting the plans gets in a way of the journey..." he said, hugging him. "Just play your songs" he said, he sounds irritated. But he's blushing.

"Hey, good plan!" Chong said. He starts to play his song and walks away. Sokka smiles as he watches Chong walks away.

I turn to look at Aang who glanced at Katara with a dreamy look on his face. Katara blushes lightly. I raise an eyebrow at them. Did something happened between them when they're trapped in there?

I turn to look at Sokka to see him looking at me. He looks away once he notice I'm looking at him. I blush deep shade of red, thinking about our almost kiss in there. I shake my head. No... he probably didn't see me that way.

***

We are now walking up the hill to Omashu. Sokka is walking in front of us. "The journey was long and annoying, but now you get to see what it's really about: the destination. I present to you the Earth Kingdom city of O-"Sokka abruptly stop mid-sentence. I furrow my eyebrow and stand next to him. I turn my head and my eyes widened when I see what's in front of me.

Oh no...

*to be continued*

A/N: hey yo! What do you think about their little moment and almost kiss? Don't worry. This is STILL a Zuko X Reader. I just want spice things up a little. A straightforward stories are a little boring. So... adding drama would make it more entertaining. Okay!! See you in the next chapters. See ya~