Chapter 9

Previously on Chapter 8

"Suckers!!" He exclaimed, excitedly. I can see the confusion in everyone's faces. I let out a giggle and grin at Sokka, knowing what he have planned. Let's hope this will work.

-Looking For Bumi-

Y/N P.O.V

"You're all about to come down with a nasty case of Pentapox!!" Sokka said, in excitement. He gesture towards a bucket, filled with Pentapus. I show them what to do and they start to follow my lead.

"The marks make you look sick, but you gotta act sick too. Ya gotta sell it!" I said. I turn my head to see an old man, he clutches his back while letting out a pained moan. Sokka wraps his arm around a man next to him. "Now that's what we're talking about!" He said.

The man tap his wooden leg. "Years of practice" he said, smiling at him. I nudge Sokka's rib. "I think he is sick..." I said, in a low voice. "Oh..." he said. I let out a giggle.

He clears his throat. "Okay, everyone... into sick formation!" He said. Everyone gathers around and start to pretend being sick. We walk out of the place and starts walking sickly towards the gate.

"Y/N... come..." Aang said. I nod my head, knowing what he wants to do. We start walking towards a different direction. But before we could get any further, I hear someone calls out for us.

"Aang, Y/N? What are you doing? Aren't you coming with us?" Katara said. "No, we're not" I said. "We're not leaving until we find Bumi" Aang said, agreeing with me.

Momo jumps on his shoulder. l/n is perching on top of my head. Momo starts tugging on Aang's lips. l/n starts chirping on my head. Aang let out a sigh and place him down.

"Sorry, Momo. I'll feed you later" Aang said. "You too, girl... we need to focus on searching for Bumi" I said, patting her head. Her ears droop down, sadly. I just smile and pick her up, gently hugging her close.

"Let's go, Y/N..." Aang said. I nod my head. We turn around and jumps away. It'll be much easier if we fly. But that'll raise the risk of getting caught by the Fire Nation.

"Aang..." I said. Aang stops next to me. "What is it?" He said. I point on the lower ground. He turns his head and notice what I'm pointing. "That's Flopsie! Bumi's pet" he said. I nod my head. "Come on! We have to help" I said, grabbing his wrist.

"Flopsie!!" I said. He turns to look at us. He tries to come to me. But the chain is holding him back. He stops and looks down sadly. I jump to his back. I use water-bending and freeze the chain. I use my glider and break it. Flopsie hugs me and starts licking my face.

"Come on, Flopsie. You gotta help us find Bumi" I said. Aang gets on his back as well. "Yip yip!" He said. Flopsie didn't move at all. "Uhh... I don't think it works for him, Aang..." I said. "Oh... let's go!" He said. Flopsie instantly starts running.

***

We walk sadly to the camp, with Flopsie. Katara and Sokka rushes to us. They must have noticed the sad expression on our faces.

"We looked everywhere. No Bumi..." Aang said. I let out a choke sob, making Aang pulls me into a hug. I sob into his shoulder, hugging his torso tightly. He runs his hand through my hair softly, trying to give me comfort.

"We've got a problem. We did a head count" Yung said. I pull away from Aang and turn to look at him with a worried expression.

"Oh no. Did someone get left behind?" Katara said. "No, we have an extra..." he said. He points towards a certain direction. I turn my head to see a baby. He have his arms around Momo, who's trying to run. l/n just sits there, looking at Momo with a head tilt.

Night Time

We sit around the campfire. The baby stumbles after Momo leaps away. I let out a soft giggle. The baby grab Sokka's club and starts sucking on it. Sokka snatch the club away from the baby, startling him.

"No! Bad Fire Nation baby!" He said. The baby starts to cry. "Sokka..." I said, glaring at him while hitting his head. He let out a sigh. "Oh... all right" he said, giving his club to the baby. The baby instantly stops crying and starts playing with the club.

I pick the baby up and place him on my lap. Katara turns to him and starts cooing softly. "Oooh... you're so cute!" She said, in a baby voice. "He sure is... I've always have a soft spot for babies. They're so cute and innocent..." I said.

"Sure... he's innocent and cute now. But when he's older, he'll join the Fire Nation army. You two won't think he's cute then. He'll be a killer" Yung said. "Oh lighten up..." I said, rolling my eyes at his comment. "Y/N's right. Does this look like the face of a killer to you?" Katara said. Yung's face remains unchanged as he looks at the baby.

I look up at the sky and notice something moving. It lands on a rock. "A messenger hawk!" Yung said. Aang takes the scroll and starts reading it. "It's from the Fire Nation Governor. He thinks we kidnapped his son. So he wants to make a trade. His son..." he paused. He turns to look at me with his eyes wide. I turn to look at the letter. My eyes widened in shock. "For King Bumi..." I said, in shock.

Time-skip

"You realize we're probably walking right into a trap, right?" Sokka said. "I don't think so, Sokka..." I said. "I'm sure the governor wants his son back as much as we want Bumi" Aang said, agreeing with me. I nod my head at what he said. I smile as I turn to look at the baby, as he sleeps against Aang's chest. "It's a new day. I have a good feeling about this..." I said, enthusiastically.

*to be continued*