Chapter 19

Previously on Chapter 18

Katara comes running back towards us, with a huge grin on her face. "You ready to find an earthbending teacher? Because we're going to Earth Rumble VI!" She said. Aang looks surprised. "How'd you get them to tell you?" He said. "Oh ... a girl has her ways" she said, winking at me. I let out a giggle. I think I have an idea what she did to the boys to get them to talk. But oh well... Earth Rumble VI here we come!!

-The Blind Bandit-

Y/N P.O.V

We are now inside an arena. We have bought some entry tickets. It's very pricey. So better hope that it's going to be worth it... or we'll waste our money for nothing.

"Hey, front row seats! I wonder why no one else sitting here..." Aang said. We move to sit down, only to have a giant boulder smash right next to us. We jump from the impact and decided to move away. "I guess that's why..." Sokka said, making me nod my head with a pale face. Even though I'm able to do a little earth-bending, I'm not sure I'm able to move a boulder THAT big.

We decided to move to another seat, which might be a lot safer. We turn our attention to the arena in front of us. A host rise from an earthen platform.

"Welcome to Earth Rumble VI! I am your host, Xin Fu!" He said. I hear soft sigh next to me. I turn my head to see Katara. "What?" I asked. She turns to look at me.

"This is just going to be a bunch of guys chucking rocks at each other, isn't it?" She said. I let out a giggle and shrugs my shoulders. "What do you expect from earth-bending battle?" I asked. "That's what I paid for!" Sokka said, happily. I let out a soft chuckle and shake my head.

"The rules are simple. Just knock the other guy out of the ring, and you win!" Xin Fu said. He jumps down from the podium. A bell rings.

"Round one: The Boulder vs. The Big Bad Hippo!" He said. The boulder raises his hands, turning around to the cheering audience. I cross my arms across my chest, as I watch the upcoming battle.

"Listen up, Hippo. You may be big, but you ain't bad!The Boulder's gonna win this in a landslide!" The boulder said, mocking Hippo. "Hippo... mad!!!" Hippo said.

The Hippo raises his arms in anger and stomps one foot. Momo lowers himself more inside Sokka's bag out of fear, l/n jumps into my arms burying her face into my arms. "It's okay, girl..." I said, rubbing her back.

The Boulder fires three rocks. They crash into The Hippo, but he does not move. He catches one piece of rock with his mouth, chews on it and spits it out. The Hippo jumps up and down, causing the surface of the arena to tilt. The Boulder hereby loses his balance.

"Unbelievable, ladies and gentlemen! The Hippo is rocking the boat!" Xin Fu said. The Boulder reaches the edge, but saves himself by bending out part of the ring into a small platform. He grabs it and throws it at his opponent, hitting him on the back.

As The Hippo turns around to look at him, The Boulder bends up The Hippo's part of the ring, and throws him out on it. The Hippo crashes in the lower area of around the arena. The fight ends thus in his favor. "The Boulder wins!!" Xin Fu said, making the crowd erupted into cheers.

"How about The Boulder, guys? He's got some good moves" Katara said. "I don't know. Bumi said we need a teacher who listens to the earth. He's just listening to his big muscles. What do you think, Sokka?" Aang said, turning to look at Sokka.

I turn to look at Sokka and give him a straight face. He is ignoring us, while cheering loudly. I roll my eyes and place my elbows on my thigh, supporting my face with my hands.

The next match is between the boulder and a man wearing Fire Nation outfit. What a horrible attempt of impersonation.

"Go back to the Fire Nation!!" Sokka said, booing at the man. He throws a rock at the man, hitting the man on the head. He starts to become angry. The Boulder is the one throwing the rock at him.

"No, no, please!" The Fire Nation man pleaded, as The Boulder created a tall pillar. The Boulder just grins and jumps down from the pillar, landing right on top of the Fire Nation man.

"Yeah!!! Woooo!!!! The boulder knows how to put the hurt in the dirt!" Sokka said, in a weird accent. I give him a straight face as he continue to cheer. He is having too much fun out of this.

"Now, the moment... you've all been waiting for. The Boulder versus your champion... The Blind Bandit!"Xin Fu said. I turn my head and notice a girl with a champion belt raise above her head. The girl is quite small, but hey... don't judge the book by its cover.

"She can't really be blind... it's just part of her character, right?" Katara said. I quint my eyes to take a closer look at the girl. Her eyes are in a shade of milky green. "I think she is..." I said. Aang nods his head in agreement.

"I think she is... going down!!!" Sokka yelled out. I let out a huff at Sokka. Can't he be serious for once? In a situation where Aang and I are trying to look for an earth-bending teacher. It's to save the world too. But here he is... acting like a complete idiot.

"The Boulder feels conflicted about fighting a young blind girl" the boulder said, faking a sad tone. The girl lets out a laugh at his comment. "Sounds to me like you're scared, Boulder" she said, mockingly. The boulder looks at her with an offended expression.

"The Boulder's over his conflicted feelings, and now he's ready to bury you screen in a rock-alanche!" He said. "Whenever you're ready, The Pebble" she said, laughing harder. I hear a gasp next to me. I turn my head to look at Aang as he stares at the girl.

"Aang... what happened?" I asked. "She sounded a lot like the girl I saw in my vision..." he said. "The one at the swamp?" I asked. He turns to look at me and nods his head.

"Ooooh!" I hear the boulder let out. I turn my head to see him splitting. I let out a laugh at the pained expression on his face. The Blind Bandit makes a chopping motion with her hand, creating three stalagmites. Those three stalagmites hit The Boulder, instantly sending him off the podium.

"Your winner, and still the champion, the Blind Bandit!" Xin Fu said. The crowd erupted into a loud cheer. Sokka is the only one sulking because his idol loses.

"How did she do that?" Katara said. "She waited... and listened..." Aang said. I turn to look at him. I realize he knows what he meant, and I caught on it. The Blind Bandit is the earth-bending teacher we've been looking for.

*to be continued*