Chapter 12

Previously on Chapter 11

The four of us groans as the smell reaches us, with Sokka waving his hand in front of his nose as Katara clamps hers shut. Suddenly, the quiet is shattered by a terrifying scream. We let out a scream and huddled together. I start looking around wide-eyed for the source. Okay...

What is happening here?

-Trapped In Illusion-

Y/N P.O.V

"Damn.. that smells disgusting" I said, gagging. I wave my hand in front of my face, trying to get rid of the horrid smell. "Yeah. Tell me about it..." Sokka said, agreeing with me.

"I think we should build a fire" Sokka said. He runs off to a nearby piece of wood and cut it off. We walk up to him. "Sokka, the longer we're here. The more I think you shouldn't be doing that" Aang said. I nod my head in agreement. "I agree with him... there's something wrong around here..." I said, as I glance around the place.

"No, I asked the swamp. It said it was fine. Right, swamp? No problem, Sokka" he said, moving the branch as if it's talking to him. I just give him a straight face as I watch him continue to cut it.

Sokka starts the fire. We move to sit around it. I take a seat next to Aang. He have his arm around me, to keep me warm. He must have notice me shivering a little from the cold.

"Are you still cold, sis?" He said, rubbing my arm. I just hug myself closer. "A little..." I said. He just hold me closer. I cuddle closer to his side, trying to find warmth.

"Does anyone else get the feeling that we're being watched?" Katara said. Now that she said that. I start to feel pair of eyes all around us. "No... now that you brought it up. I felt it too..." I said. "Please, we're all alone around here" Sokka said. He use his machete trying to chase away a fly. It turns into a big ball of light. It flies away from us. I can see a dozen pair of eyes staring at us.

"Except for them..." Aang said. We all move closer and huddled together. Sokka is next to me, with his arms around me. "Right, except for them" he said, nervously. I gulped as I try to swallow down the lump that is growing in my throat.

"I... I think it's better if we try to sleep, yeah?" I said. The three of them nod their heads. We move to lay down, still close to one another. I turn my body to one side, too sleepy to care where I turn. I close my eyes and try to fall asleep. Which eventually comes moments later.

***

I let out a scream when I feel something pulling me away by my leg. I turn my head to see what it is to see a vine. I quickly grab a tree branch, trying to stop myself from getting dragged away. I quickly use my air-bending and slice it. More vines starts coming to me, I outstretch my arms on either side of me and create air dome.

I take a deep breath and create a stronger gust of wind to blow the vines away. I quickly jumps up to a higher spot on the tree. I let out a sigh of relief when I realize the vines can't reach up here. I take a seat on the branch, as I try to regain my composure.

I realize I've been separated from the others. I jump down the tree, knowing I can't stay up here forever. I have to look for the others. Hopefully I will be able to find Appa and Momo along the way.

"Guys?!" I yelled out. I focus on my hearing, trying my best to not miss any sound. Any signs about the others' whereabout. I sure hope they are all okay. I bit my lips as I try to climb up the tree, thinking I'll be able to find them on a higher ground. But I find it useless because the trees are too leafy. I can barely see the bottom. I let out a sigh and move to sit down, leaning my back against the tree.

I hear noises, making me sit up. "Hello? Brother? Sokka? Katara??" I said. I jump down and follow the sound. I look around the swamp, trying to locate the source. "Anyone?!!" I yelled out. I hear a sound from behind me. I turn around and sees no one. I raise my hands, ready to use my bending if needed.

I turn around and notice a body laying on the edge of the lake. I furrow my eyebrow as I walk closer. I walk cautiously, in case the person jumps up to attack. My eyes widened when I realize who it is.

"Zuko?" I said. He moves slowly and turns to look at me. "Y-Y/N..." he said, raising his hand. I quickly run towards him. I grab his hand, only for him to vanish. I let out a gasp as I stand up. "Zuko..." I said, looking around. But I can't see him anywhere.

"Zuko!!" I yelled. I hear a groan of pain. I turn my head to see him, this time leaning against the tree. He looks so weak. I jump down and rush towards him. This time I hesitate to touch him, worried he might disappear again.

"Help me, Y/N... I'm lost" he said. "I don't know to help you, Zuko. I can't even touch you" I said, as I stand a few feet away from him. "Help me find my way, Y/N. P-Please..." he said, pleadingly. I notice blood on his shirt.

"Zuko, you're hurt..." I said, worriedly. He place a hand on his wound. "Help me... please" he said. "I want to help you. But I don't know how" I said. "I need you, Y/N. I need you to show me a better way"he said.

I walk towards him and kneels down next to him. I lift my hand and gently place it on his cheek. As soon as I touch his skin, his body disappear. I can actually feel him, like he's actually here before he disappears. What's going on?

I jump when someone lands in front of me. "Aang..." I said, relieved. I jump up to the branch he's in. He rush towards me as well, wrapping his arms around me.

"Oh, sis... I'm so glad I can find you..." he said. I tighten my arms around him. "Me too, brother... me too..." I said. Both of his arms is wrapped tightly on my waist, as if he's afraid I might disappear.

"Did you see anything weird?" He said, pulling away. "What do you mean?" I asked. "I don't know. Like... did you see anyone?" He said. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "Did you?" I asked. He nods his head. "I don't know who she is though..." he said. "She? Is it Katara?" I said. He shakes his head at what I said.

"No... she's wearing a light green silk dress. I tried to chase after her. But she's not around... then I found you" he said. "I see..." I said, humming softly. "You still haven't answered me... did you see anyone?" He asked again. I nod my head. "Yeah... I did..." I said. "Who was it?" He asked. I look at him and sigh. "I saw...

Zuko

*to be continued*

A/N: I am so sorry for putting this book on a hiatus for so long! Thank you for coping up with me. I'll try my best to update regularly. Love ya~