Chapter 37

Previously on Chapter 36

They tried to scrape off the dirt from her feet. Let's say... it did not end well. Next we do a lot of other beauty treatment. It's quite relaxing to be honest. I feel refreshed. Especially after all battle we've been doing. Would I do it again? Maybe.

-Missing-

Zuko P.O.V

"Uncle... we have a problem" I said. As he descends down the ladder. I move to stand closer to him. "One of the costumers is on to us. Don't look now but there is a over there at the corner table. She knows we're Fire Nations" I said. He turns his head to look at who mean. I quickly pulls him back. "Didn't I say not to look!" I said, through gritted teeth.

"You're right, Zuko. I've seen that girl in here quite a lot. Seems to me she has quite a little crush on you" he said. "What?!" I said, in shock. I turn my head and notice the girl standing by the counter. I try to hold myself from letting out a surprised sound.

She hands me some coins. "Thank you for the tea. What's your name?" She said. I turn to look at her. "My name's Lee. My uncle and I just moved here" I said.

"Hi Lee, my name's Jin. Thank you and ... well, I was wondering if you would like to go out sometime" she said. I can't go with her. I have Y/N, and I love her. I was about to say something. But uncle wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"He'd love to" he said. She smiles happily and grins at me. "Great. I'll meet you in front of the shop at sundown" she said. She turns around and walks away. I turn to look at my uncle with an angry face.

"I can't believe you'd agree with her. I love Y/N..." I said, sighing softly to myself. "I know... but you can't expect much from her. Remember which side we're both on" he said. He walks away to serve the other costumers.

***

I walk out of the shop with my hair slicked back. I turn my head and notice the girl. "Well, look at you. You look so cute!" She said. She ruffles my hair. I quickly stops her from ruffling it. "It took my uncle ten minutes to do my hair" I said, trying to fix it. She just grabs my arms and pulls me along with her.

We ended up in a restaurant. I just poke around the food. "So, how do you like the city so far?" She said, after a while of silence. "It's okay..." I said. "What do you like to do for fun?" She asked. She just keeps on asking question. Can't she just see that I'm not at all interested?? I already have the girl I love.

"Excuse me, sir. Would you and your girlfriend care for dessert‌?" A waiter said. "She's not my girlfriend!" I yelled out, while pounding the table. I let out a sigh and lace my fingers together. I turn to look at Jin to see her slurping a large bite of noodles.

"You have... quite an appetite for a girl..." I said, as I keep on twiddling with my thumbs. "Um... thanks?" She said. I just stay silent. When can I leave? Why did uncle agree to this? He knows I'm in love with Y/N. Gosh!

"So, Lee, where were you and your uncle living before you came here?" She said, breaking the silence again. "Umm ... well, we've been traveling around for a long time" I said, making sure to not mention I'm from the Fire Nation.

"Oh. Why were you traveling so much?" She said. "We were ... uh, part of this traveling circus" I said. What the hell? What kind of answer is that?? Gosh, I'm so stupid.

"Really? What did you do? Wait, lemme guess. You juggled!" She said. I can't believe she believed that. "Yes... I juggled" I said, annoyed. She looks excited at what I said. "I've always wanted to learn how to juggle. Can you show me something?" She asked, holding out a few items.

I start to feel awkward and worried. I've never done this before. I'd probably just going to make fun of myself. But if I didn't do anything, she would start to suspect me. Guess I have no choice.

I grab the items from her hands and throw them up one by one. But I didn't manage to catch a single one. Which caused them to shatter as soon as they make contacts with the ground. Gosh... that was so embarrassing.

"I haven't practiced in a while" I said. I wipe my face using a napkin because one of the objects landed on my head. "It's all right. Hey, I want to show you one of my favorite places in the city" she said. She grabs my hand and start pulling me with him.

A While Later

"I'm so excited for you to see the Firelight Fountain. The lamps make the water sparkle and reflect in the pool in the most beautiful way" she said, excitedly. I just walk with her, as she leads me through the city.

When we reach the place, it's all dim. The candles aren't lit. "I can't believe it. They aren't lit" she said, sounding disappointed. I haven't got a chance to make Y/N happy. I'll do this just once.

"Close your eyes, and don't peek" I said. She do as I told. I walk forward and close my eyes. I take a deep breath and opens my eyes. I start to shoot fire at all the candles.

I release my breathing, as I finished. "Okay. You can look now" I said, turning to Jin. She opens her eyes. "Oh, wow... what happened? How did they lit? How did you" she said, looking at me in shock. I just stay silent.

I feel something brushing against my hand. I know it's her. She gently holds my hand. I turn to look at her. She leans in for a kiss, but I quickly covers it with a coupon.

"I've brought you something. It's a coupon for a free cup of tea" I said. She takes it from me. "Lee... this is so sweet" she said. I take a couple of steps backward. "Don't thank me – it was my uncle's idea. He thinks you're our most valuable customer" I said, which makes smiles.

"Your uncle is a good teacher..." she said. She walks closer towards me and gently turn my head to look at her. "I have something for you too. Now it's your turn to close your eyes" she said. I just close my eyes. I feel something brushing against my lips. I lean in for another kiss.

'No... what am I doing? I love Y/N. This is wrong. I feel like I'm betraying her' I thought. I quickly pull away and take a couple of steps backward. I ignore the sad expression she's giving me. I couldn't care less. I love Y/N and only her. I stand for a while and turn around, as I begin to walk away.

"What's wrong?" I heard her said. I love Y/N... so I can't be doing this with another girl. I let out a sigh. "It's complicated. I have to go" I said. I walk away without looking back.

Time-skip

After a while of walking, I finally reach the shop. I enter the shop. "How was your night, Prince Zuko?" My uncle said. I walk inside my room and slide the door shut with a loud thud. I let out a sigh and slide it back open.

"It was nice..." I said. I close the door again. I walk to my bed and lay down. I place my arms behind my head as I stare at the ceiling.

Despite having quite a decent night. I wish that I'm here with Y/N instead of another girl. I'd gladly do anything if it means I'll be able to see her again.

I miss you...

Y/N P.O.V

I'm sitting by the window. I stare out at the night sky. My mind drifted back to Zuko. The kiss that we shared. The way we confessed our feelings to each other. I miss him so much.

Zuko/Y/N P.O.V

I miss you

*to be continued*