10 - Outside looking Within

Start from the beginning

A man in a white lab coat tried to take him apart. His armor barely protected him. So much damage was received, so much was endured.

He continued to remain still. If he moved, they would know. He would never escape.

A being without eyes tried to take something away. Tendrils entered his armor, destroying his cables further. His body's pain increased, but he remained still.

If he moved, they would know.

He would die.

So he must endure.

He must be still.

To survive.

They tried to decay him to dust after. Sadistic smiles and crazed red eyes. Rusting away was his armor, barely keeping it away from his cables.

'Why do they hurt me...?'

Humans were hostile creatures that damaged him, he did not understand why.

He did not understand what he did wrong. He did not understand that the emotion he felt was fear and that damage was normally recognized as pain. He did not understand his trembling frame. He didn't understand that disregarding sleep was not a good thing.

He did not understand nightmares.

Days had gone by.

They tried to burn him away when decay did not work. Every day as a new morning dawned, the sun never reaching where he was, scorch marks accompanied handprints.

They called him a toy, junk, broken. They tried to tear him apart for scrapes. A test dummy for their weapons. A test dummy for their quirks. Multiple wounds adorned his frame, even worse than it was before.

Weeks had gone by.

He was hurting.

Damages were severe.

Why? What did he do wrong?

The AI denied he did anything wrong. Humans were wrong. This place was wrong. It was around this time it began to take on its own shape, its own personality. Humans would recognize it as a sisterly figure, but it cursed its lack of body. She was unable to protect him from this cruelty.

'Please, please help me.' The signal still went out. From the moment he awoke, his distress signal was still broadcasting. Silently, pleading for rescue, even then.

But where was the signal going to?

Who was it calling?

Months had gone by.

No one was listening.

The unbearably silent nights would come, he would open himself up to fix the cables. Ignore the pain of doing so. Make yourself healthy enough to finally run away. Use what you can find to mend the inner wounds, stop the leaking blood. Alone. There is no one that can help.

It was important, it was special, it was precious.

How did he know this?

His AI companion could not tell him.

She was his only solace. Her voice in his head gave him comfort where nothing else did. She encouraged him to keep fighting, to fix himself so that he could go somewhere he could heal safely. She was a part of him, he did not understand how he knew.