the x testing x gate

Soooooo, to train for the testing gate, we basically had to get our strength up. Leorio was lifing 105 pound (47)  kilogram) chairs, Kurapika was lifting 44 pound (20 kilogram) cups, on a plate. I was lifting 310, frying pans. So in total, we were lifting 420, 1000, and 620 pounds respectfully. Mind you, I had also requested some leg weights to increase my leg strength so I guess you could count that. And no, the author is too lazy to translate that into kilograms, so you'll have to look it up on your own. Sorry.

"This is....literal torture." I said, dropping the frying pans with a loud thud.

"You're telling me. But I feel myself getting much stronger." Leorio agreed, noting the progress he's making.

"Yeah," I replied, laying on my back to do some leg exercises, using the keg weights so that I'll have to use extra effort. "I tell ya, I thought my endurance training years ago was hell. But now look at me."

"Endurance training?" Kurapika wondered

"Yeah. Many years ago back on whale Island, I stole this martial arts scroll from this antique store. It taught me how to use the flame tiger style." I explained to him while doing my exercise

"I'm guessing it's a kick-based style then?"

"Oh there's more to it than just kicking. It's about building friction between the air and the body, adding burn damage to one's attacks, however, one needs to be fast enough to execute the moves, and the energy not to get tired afterwards. The focus on the legs simply adds to the speed. It's said that only skilled users are able to ignite the body, and only true masters can prevent themselves from burning."

"Would that make you a true master then?" Leorio asked.

"Almost. I haven't exactly prevented my body from burning, just learned how to slow the process a bit. I suppose it's impressive, but I'm really just a quick learner, y'know?"

"Yeah, makes sense"

~~~

A

fter about 5 days of this very exhausting training, I felt my entire body aching even though I only worked out my arms and legs. Every time I felt myself making progress, Zebro would only make it harder. We were all pushed to limits we didn't even know existed within ourselves. But finally, it was time to open the stupid gate.

Leorio was gonna go first. Yes, we were gonna do it as a team, but Leorio wanted to give it a shot by himself.

"Good luck" Kurapika gave him a pat on the back, which he jumped in pain

"Be careful when you hit me! I might bruise or something!"

I laughed at his reaction. "You're gonna need that luck buddy."

After giving his knuckles a good crack, Leorio gave the door a mighty push, which actually made it start opening. After a couple of seconds, he managed to get two of the gates open. He proudly walked through.

"Now you guys gotta make it! Or I'm grabbing Killua without you!"

Well now I had to prove I'm stronger. Me and Kurapika went up and began pushing, it was heavy, but we were making progress. Just then, Gon joined in on the pushing, which gave us the extra oomph we needed to get it open.

"Ha! How about that four eyes?" I taunted him

"You only got one. Besides, you had people helping!"

"Oh screw you window face!"

After that little dispute, we continued up the mountain, but quickly found ourselves in the presence of a dark-skinned girl with brown eyes who was in a butler's outfit. She was also holding a staff of some sort.

"Please leave now, your trespassing on private property." She told us, almost sounding robotic and lifeless. "I can't allow you to pass without permission." It was clear that she would quickly resort to using force if she had to, and it's also safe to assume that her staff isn't for show.

"But we called ahead," Gon told the girl. "And we came in through the testing gate."

"The butler's quarters did not give you permission to enter." She kept a stoic look on her face

"What the heck do we need to do to get permission?" Gon pointed a finger at her. "I even told that I was Killua's friends and everything!" Oh boy here comes the protagonist rage.

"Who knows?" The girl shrugged. "No one has ever received permission*

"Then I guess we're gonna have to trespass" Gon very maturely stuck his tongue out and began walking

"Well then." She drew a straight line in the ground with her staff. "This is where I draw the line. Take one step pass it and I will have to remove you by force, if necessary." She slammed her staff on the ground.

"Fine, I'll just jump the fence" I walk towards the fence, only for her to extend the line to it.

"No loopholes"

"Damn"

Just then Gon held up his hand to stop us from going to fight her, and began to approach himself. However, his toe just barely crossed the line and WHAM, smacked right in his cheek, went flying back too. The rest of us pulled out our weapons ready to beat this girl to kingdom come, but Gon still wouldn't let us fight.

"Look, we didn't come here to fight anymore. We just want to see Killua." Gon said, wiping the blood off his nose.

"Your motives don't matter" she bent down and closed an eye. "I have my orders, and I intend to follow them." She rotated her staff, catching it at the perfect time. Despite her obvious skill in bojutsu, Gon still kept going up to her and keeping wacked away. We all just kind of watched, since this was his choice. But we were still ready to attack in need be.

"Hey," Gon said, putting half of his body over the line, only for the girl not to attack. "I crossed the line, shouldn't you hit me?" He asked. The butler girl held her staff timidly, almost as if she was hesitant to attack. "I can tell you're different from Mike, you still have a heart. You have your own set of morals, and you can feel for people. Even when I mentioned Killua's your eyes softened for just a moment." By this point the girl looked like she was gonna cry

"Please..." Yep, she's crying. "Help him. Help master-" clearly what she said was wrong in the eyes of the next person about to appear, because a goddamn bullet flew through the girl's head, seemingly killing her.

"Honestly" a creepy voice came from the trees. "What was that servant babbling about now?" The voice came from a woman who is wearing an elegant dress, with her face covered in bandages and a cyborg-like eye (glasses?). "She made it sound like we're being mean to Killua. How rude, she's just a bloody apprentice."

"I mean knowing you assassins, I wouldn't be surprised." I thought to myself

"Anyway, Killua is aware that you've been on the premises for quite some time now." She wave her hand fan. "I have a message from him to you; 'thank you for coming. I'm happy you did. But I can't see you right now. Sorry."

"I call bullshit"