Forty-one | Lilah

Comincia dall'inizio

Following my eyes down his chest he definitely wasn't joking about taking the gym seriously. I really hadn't expected for him to be built like that since hes always wearing a baggy shirt or hoodie. It almost defeats the whole purpose of working out if no one can even tell.

Dropping his shirt he looks at me, 'you can stop staring now,'

'You lifted your own shirt not me,' I roll my eyes sarcastically as I stack down three of my cards. He luckily gave me three sevens of the same color and we're allowing multi number stack if they're of the same color.

'Are you kidding.' He says as he places a singular card down which makes me laugh.

'Since you shuffled you can't blame my shuffling this time,' I grin which urges him to place a pick up four which makes me frown.

'Remember that corny phrase? 'Dont celebrate before you win?'' He quotes as I pick up my four cards in shame.

A couple more games go by and so does a couple hours alongside it. Hearing a knock at my door I ignore it so it opens. Turning to see Diana again I roll my eyes and turn back to the game. I love my sister since she's my sister but if we weren't related we would hate eachother.

'Your rebound is here again?' She notices Alex as she walks go my desk and rummages through my stuff.

'I've known him for ages. And stop that! Its organized.' I hiss at her but she only stops when she finds what sh was looking for.

'Yea sure...Just gonna borrow this marker,' she winks at me before heading towards my door. 'Love you sis,'

'Your hair looks ugly when its short.' I slip in an insult before she slams the door. 'Ignore her she's so annoying,'

'Your relationship with her is so healthy,' Alex says with obvious sarcasm which earns a sigh out of me.

'We used to be really close actually...' I shrug it off and he doesnt ask anymore questions, which I'm grateful for. I dont think I want to talk about my history with my sister right now.

We used to be inseparable as we where growing up and now we aren't. Its hard to describe how it feels to miss someone when they're not actually gone. If I could then I would, but I cant.

Placing my last two cards down, I look up at him with a victorious look. Groaning he picks up all the cards and roughly jams it, into the card box.

'Giving up?' I tease which makes him sigh with defeat.

'You're cheating somehow...when I figure out how then I'll finally beat you,' he says with the same sarcastic tone in his voice.

Reaching off the bed he picks up his guitar which I had almost forgotten about. I haven't seen him play nor have I heard him play since he would never let me hear it. Unless you where to count that one time in his room last week. Though it was brief. I remember when he started and he said he was 'so bad' so he never showed me. It's not like we where friends long enough for me to actually get to see him play so I never did.

'I'm going to play you something...since you did the same for me, so it's only be fair,' he taps the guitar as he thinks.

Finally thinking of something he sits up and begins, 'You know what I'm thinkin', see it in your eyes.'

'You hate that you want me, hate it when you cry. You're scared to be lonely, 'specially in the night.' He hums so I pull my knees up to my chest so I can rest my head on them. 'I'm scared that I'll miss you, happens every time. I don't want this feelin', I can't afford love,'

'I try to find a reason to pull us apart. It ain't workin', 'cause you're perfect, and I know that you're worth it. I can't walk away, oh!' he sings and I can't help but focus on the sound of his voice, I've never heard him sing before, it sounds so good. 'Even though we're goin' through it. And it makes you feel alone,'

'Just know that I would die for you. Baby, I would die for you, yeah,' he crosses his legs so he can hold his guitar properly, 'The distance and the time between us. It'll never change my mind,'

'Cause baby, I would die for you. Baby, I would die for you, yeah.' He decides to stop there before glancing at me with anticipated look. 'That's my favorite part of the song,'

'Well, now it's my favorite part!' I lower my knees in shock. 'Like crazy good! Why didn't you sing for me before? I feel like I was being held out on?'

'You where always the good singer,' he laughs as he places the guitar down on the side of the bed so he can face me properly. 'I thought you where way better than me...and my voice was so squeaky at the time so that was probably true,'

'I one hundred percent remember your squeaky voice!' I burst into laughter so Alex shoves my shoulder playfully. 'I didn't notice it at the time but I totally remember that.'

'We where twelve- Give me a break,' he tries to hide his smile but fails miserably.

Moving onto my knees I poke his chest as I jokingly mimic the way he sounded when we where younger. Catching my hand and pulling me forward when I try to poke him again.

'Stop that,' he lowers his voice and I instinctively do, which makes me notice how close he pulled me.

Most people in his case would let go or move me away but no. He does the complete opposite, further from the opposite actually since he pulls me even closer to kiss me. And most people in my case would shove him away or move but I don't. My dumbass kisses him back.

Sliding my hand around the side of his neck I pull him closer to me so I can lean back. Resting my back down on the bed I shift my other hand on the other side of his neck as he adjusts himself over me.

Feeling his hand creep up my side just as I bend my shoulder so his nails begin to dig into me which causes me to flinch.

Moving away from his lips a bit for air I look at his hand and try to avoid his nails, 'wait Colton can you move your hand? It's hurting me,'

My hands fall from his neck so I look up to see he's giving me a weird look. Realizing what I said I sit up apologetically.

'Wait I didn't-,' I feel bad but he cuts me off.

'Colton- right.' he gets off me and almost falls off the bed. 'Don't apologize, I don't know why I did I did that...I should've asked first,'

'I'm sorry...I'm just used to him being the one who kisses me,' I sigh as I rub my eyes.

'Don't say sorry,' he frowns, 'like really don't. It hasn't even been two weeks since you 'broke up' with him and I saw how upset you where and I still...kissed you,'

'I just want to get over it,' I play with the bed sheets. Why can't I do anything or think of something without it leading me back to Colton. It's obvious that he doesn't even give me a second glance anymore, so what am I even doing. 'Wait...kiss me again...I need it,'

'No,' he declines, 'I'm just going to end up as a rebound or your new Colton because you'll eventually get more upset at the fact that I'm not him then you'll resent me for it,'

Nodding I pull up my knees for the hundredth time today and rest my chin onto them. He's probably right. 'How do you get over someone then,'

'I'm not sure,' he rubs his arms, 'I'm trying to figure out myself.'