sixteen

"you gotta come back at some point though billie, the girl is literally going crazy" Zoe says as she pets pepper.

she flew out to visit my mom and I in NY for a week and all she's been doing is going on and on about Kaiya.

"she'll be fine Zoe" I say rolling my eyes, she stares at me for a second before letting out a sigh.

"I'm just saying Billie, at least one last dinner with her for closure and let her go because right now she's not doing good" she says, I bite my lip as I think about it.

"are we taking about kaiya?" my mom asks popping out of nowhere, I give her a nod watching her smile slightly.

"I miss that girl, why did you guys break up?" she asks looking between us.

"mom, we broke up years ago" I say rolling my eyes, she rolls her eyes and flickers my forehead, "you guys were basically together just the other day, I spoke to her not long ago and she said you guys are good" she says with furrowed eyebrows.

"well she lied, I haven't spoken to her since I came home" I tell her.

"oh. well what happen?" 

"I don't know, too many mind games. I kind of just ended it and blocked her" i shrug.

"you broke up with her again?"

"we never were together in the first place" I tell her.

"well in my mind you were, that girl talked about you like you guys are married" she says kissing her teeth, "whatever, I'm buying her a ticket down here, I miss her" she says walking away.

"don't do it" I shout after her but she doesn't bother answering, I roll my eyes knowing she will do it either way.

sometimes I think she likes Kaiya more than me.

"you guys could really be something if you put your pride and toxicity aside" Zoe tells me making me roll my eyes, I glance at her and roll my eyes again.