ten

kaiya

i stare at billie, who was asleep on the bed on her side before letting out a sigh going over to softly kiss her stomach and kiss her forehead between living her apartment.

i don't understand why she just wouldn't tell me.

in no time i was pulling into the cafe's parking lot and make my way in looking for zoe, "hey zo" i greet her giving her a small smile and hug before sitting down across her.

"what's up? don't get me wrong i like you but you come to me when you're miserable" she says making me chuckle.

"well, i guess you can say i am miserable" i shrug jokingly making her laugh.

"what? fucking the shit out of billie doesn't work anymore?" she say teasingly making me smirk slightly at the flashback of my times with billie.

it's like therapy.

"oh it works, trust me" i tell her making her scrunch up her face and fake gag, "but i have shit i need to talk about" i sigh as i thank the waiter for my drink.

"talk to me"

"so pretty sure you know about billie being pregnant already?" i raise an eyebrow watching her slowly nod.

"when did she tell you?"

"that's the thing, she didn't tell me but i know about it and i'm so confused on why she hasn't told me" i sigh, "it's been four months since she found out, why can't she tell me?" my eyebrows furrow.

"well.."

"i mean even if the child isn't mine because my chances of getting someone pregnant are ready low like fucking 5% or some shit but i would like to know so i can help her" i say cutting zoe off.

"kaiya, she is in just as much-"

"maybe she doesn't even want me anymore, i mean maybe she never did but stayed for the sex but like i want to know if i'm fucking a potential milf you know" i add as i play with my straw.

"and i want to leave her alone, i really do and i tried that but zoe that girl is my future wife, i know it and i can feel it" i tell her slouching in my seat.

it's quiet for a bit before zoe opens her mouth, "are you done?" i nod while biting my lip in thought.

"okay, i don't know why billie hasn't told you. i tried getting her to and she knows you will be there, i just don't know why she hasn't said anything maybe she needs a little more time. just try to be a little more patient with her.

i nod in agreement rubbing my face with my hands, "i do have a question for you though" i look up at zoe waiting for her to ask.

"what if billie tells you and she decides to give whoever got her pregnant a chance?"

i shift uncomfortably in my seat as i draw random shapes on the table, "i don't know. what can i do? i will have to let her be as much as it sucks, if we were meant to be we would have been by now so i guess it makes sense" i shrug.

"if you like billie so much, why haven't you made it official? this is basically giving someone a chance to come in and swoop her off" she asks pointing at me.

"because zoe, i don't know what she wants. if she wanted to be with me she would have asked to be official by now, she broke up with me for whatever reason and if she happen to want the relationship, she would have asked me already" i tell her making her nod.

"i see it now. i always wondered why you two were playing games. billie is kind of a dumbass and slow so bear with her" she tells me.

i watch my phone light up and vibrate with a call from billie, i stare at it for a bit before snapping out of it and pick up.

speak of the devil.

"kaiya, come here please" she asks sobbing with hiccups, i immediately shot up from my chair putting money on the table as i sync a thank you to zoe with a kiss on her forehead and run out.

<3