During lunch, Y/n ran her way to the Great Hall where she gathered her teammates and grinned. "We got reformed!"

"Yeah!" Harry and Ron cheered, high-fiving.

"Yeah, I went to McGonagall and she went to Dumbledore. Anyway, Umbridge had to give in. Ha! So I want you down at the pitch at seven o'clock tonight, all right, because we've got to make up time. You realise we're only three weeks away from our first match? It's ridiculous but I know my team can manage and pull through!" She triumphantly punched her fist into the air and began to walk away.

The team looked at each other before they began to think about the weather.

── ──

The weather did not clear up. The sky was grey and thundering. The grass was wet and slippery. And the only warmth the team got was the temporary coverage they got in the locker rooms.

Fred and George were debating whether to use one of their own Skiving Snackboxes to get out of flying.

"... but I bet she'd know what we'd done," Fred said out of the corner of his mouth.

"We could try the Fever Fudge," George muttered, "no one's seen that yet, not even her."

"Does it work?" enquired Ron hopefully, as the hammering of rain on the roof intensified and wind howled around the building.

"Well, yeah," said Fred, "your temperature'll go right up."

"But you get these massive pus-filled boils, too," said George, "and we haven't worked out how to get rid of them yet."

"I can't see any boils," said Ron, staring at the twins.

"No, well, you wouldn't," said Fred darkly, "they're not in a place we generally display to the public."

"But they make sitting on a broom a right pain in the ass." George grumbled.

"Anyways, it wouldn't work, I mentioned them to her already..." Fred chuckled softly, grinning cheekily. "Of course you did." George huffed.

"All right, everyone, listen up," Y/n said loudly, emerging from the Captain's office. "I know it's not ideal weather, but there's a chance we'll be playing Slytherin in conditions like this so it's a good idea to work out how we're going to cope with them."

As she talked, she took her wand out and pointed it at Harry's glasses. "Impervius." She casted. Harry nodded in thanks to her. "Hm... I think we all should try that. To keep the water off our faces."

The team all pulled their wands out and casted the "impervius" charm on their faces. "Okay, let's go." Y/n proclaimed, mounting onto her broom and making her way out the locker room.

Y/n kept them out for nearly an hour before conceding defeat. The wind had picked up and no one could see what anyone was doing.

She led her sodden and disgruntled team back into the changing rooms, insisting that the practice had not been a waste of time, though without any real conviction in her voice. Fred and George were looking particularly annoyed; both were bandy-legged and winced with every movement.

"I think a few of mine popped..." Fred spoke in a hollowed voice. "Mine haven't... I can feel them throbbing like mad." George winced as the two towel dried their hair.