Chapter 1

"Your brother's coming by the store in two weeks for the big ol' Family Feast. Make sure when you're out buying groceries, to buy some extra comforters. I'm sure he's bringing someone over." Mom rolls her eyes, probably thinking about his friend who ate all the food in the middle of night that was meant to feed all of us last year.

She was cooking a ham and cheese sandwich on our old log-burning stove. Mom still doesn't want to get rid of this old stove, since this was her own mom's. Actually, most of our house is completely old and filled with items of our ancestors from over the years. So when we were both cleaning this old fart house all day, we were both exhausted.

The only thing stopping me from going right back into my bed is those damn groceries that we have to buy.

"Yeah, I saw the little letter and that huge lipstick-stained kiss that Emily placed on the letter he brought home." I placed my navy satchel on my shoulder as I was grabbing some old pair of sneakers.

"Make sure you buy yourself a new bra or something, they look low." She grumbled as she flipped the sandwich. I just rolled my eyes, said my goodbyes, and kept it pushing.

I was about to say under my breath 'You're one to talk' but it made no sense to argue back when the train that led to the city was going to leave in twenty minutes and the walking commute was half that time.

Walking outside the grey-bricked ground, I sort of speed-walk past the many apartments and condos. It was already 2 PM so by the time I got back home night would already take home in the sky.

My headphones were broken for the fifth time this month due to them dropping on the ground while I was sleeping, or just them being stupid old. I still use them so the crazy people on the train won't talk to me.

Yeah, this was definitely some bad luck. I shake off this weird feeling that surrounded me as I neared the train station.

My eyes quickly looked around for my beautiful tall 'Goddess' (nicknamed by the town) my friend Jaz. Jaz is known for just being so nice to almost anyone she's met. The only exception is me because she is outright honest with me.

Jasmine was supposed to come with me so I wouldn't be alone, but lately, she's been skipping out on our plans. Which is fine, she literally is a whole grown-ass woman. She doesn't need to keep up with plans especially when we can hang out any other time. She probably just wants to hang out with her boyfriend, which is fine because the last time she wrote to me, she couldn't stop talking about how hot the guy is, and how he's just like her.

People were still waiting at the station, which was a good sign that I was on time. I remember the last time I accidentally came home late was because Mom wanted me to write a whole new list with even more ingredients for the shop. I literally had to wait at the stop for an hour and 30 minutes while the station was a ghost town.

I checked to make sure I got my pass and made sure it didn't expire before the train came in. Stepping onto the train, I finally make one last look around to see if Jaz came but I guess not.

The train, although rickety, was the only transportation in our little Sea town area. Having a car over here is the worse, and it's more of a dick head move to have one since most people walk. The only motor vehicle that people can use is small bikes or trucks. Even the trucks are used for the shops and restaurants down the street.

The train usually takes about thirty minutes to go into the city. I peer back at the list that she wanted me to get, with some side money for what I need.

-Frog eyes (10 pairs)

-Pig lips

-Visit Florist Dan for our usual