Chapter 13: Mostly Innocent Interactions (with a little bit of spice)

The more Izuku thinks about it, the more he worries.

Murasaki had been following someone the previous night, he's sure, but whether to talk or something else, he doesn't know. (He's not sure he wants to know, really.) He'd ended up injured at some point overnight, which could mean that Murasaki is a victim or has victims, and they fought back.

He can't really picture Murasaki being a victim. He has enough muscle definition in his legs to give Izuku a good idea of what his upper body might look like beneath his casualwear. If he's not skipping leg day, then-

Izuku halts that line of thought right there.

He does not need to be imagining how ripped his neighbor-

He catches himself and sighs with exasperation.

Nope.

A victim of physical abuse might not be the only possibility. He seemed to be very defensive about his quirk, and so it could be that he's suffering from another form of discrimination. Or—and this is one of the more awful conclusions Izuku can come to—he's been suffering from discrimination for so long that he's resorted to fixing the problems on his own.

Izuku does something similar, but if he never strikes first and doesn't have a quirk, he can't possibly be charged with vigilantism.

(Izuku would rather think of his neighbor as being a vigilante than a villain. He's so nice. The law, however, is less nice, and tends to lump both types of people into the same category.)

Regardless of what his neighbor is, or what he may or may not be doing, he knows about enough resources and programs to help out (or reform) most people (or criminals). Without knowing more, though, it feels like he's just throwing darts in the dark and hoping one hits the board (without hurting someone).

He's never done this kind of underhanded aid before (he prefers to hand over a packet of possibilities to let professionals choose what will work best), but if he plays his cards right, he might be able to help without being obvious about it.

Lounging on his couch in pajamas after the whirlwind morning at the café, he sends a few emails and pings a couple of message boards before closing his laptop with a satisfied smile. He goes to bed that afternoon feeling pretty good about how things might play out.

Izuku fully expects work to feel boring and slow as heck while he waits for the culmination of his project: the takedown of his terrible employer.

Thankfully, the mystery of Murasaki is interesting enough to keep him occupied.

Izuku wades into this new experience of texting his neighbor by sending a cat meme. Murasaki responds within moments.

> cats are life. You may send more.

> speaking of more, I'm almost out of stress-baked goods.

> I hope you also bake when you're having a good day

I do not stress bake. <