Chapter 26

Nikolai's Pov

Nikolai's Pov

Love is a funny thing or most importantly being in-love with someone. It can come immediately or when the timing is right. But the thing is when does love come at the right time? You can realize you love someone when they're gone or in danger. The saying, 'you never know how much you love someone until they're gone.' is very true.

Fear.

That's what I felt in this very moment.

"What the hell do you mean missing?" I say in a panic tone. Speaking in Russian to order soldiers here now.

"I-I don't know we went to the dance floor-" I cut her off by hanging up the phone. I stay silent for a second before slamming my phone down shattering it.

"Fuck!" I yell as I punch a hole into the wall. As soldiers and guards start forming in the meeting room I receive an email.

I open it and it reads:

She's mine now.

With a picture attached to it with a picture of my wife sleep in what looks like a cell.

"Track where the email came from now!" I yell slamming my hand down on the table starting some of my men and I get 'yes don' or 'on it' before they scurry out of the room.

A few minutes past and the men burst back into my room earning a glare from me.

"Sir we've found the address." He says looking at me as in silently asking me if he could continue. I nod and he continues.

"It traced back to an old abandon warehouse off of Miller Road." He says but I'm already halfway out of room with soldiers following behind me. On my way out I see my brother coming out of a spare room and I yank him by the arm making him follow me.

"Woah calm down brother what the hell is going on?" Dmitri asks with a confused and concerned look on his face.

"Oh I don't know Aurora's missing and you're too busy fucking some whore."  I say not caring if he didn't know or not being my second-in-command he should be on guard at all times.

"WHAT!"  He yells with shockness written all over his face.  I don't say anything after because I can't even think straight. I don't think I'll be able to live without her.  I've never even thought of what I would have to tell her family, our family.

Just hang in there baby I'm coming. Please.

***

We've arrived at the warehouse and I see guards everywhere as if they've been waiting on us to arrive.

It was a setup.

They start shooting at the cars immediately and luckily the cars are all water proof. I exit the car not caring about all the bullets flying around. I pull out my gun and shoot the first to guards at the entrance in their head. Once I'm inside I pull out two blades and slash the next few guards across the neck not caring about all the blood that's spewing on my white shirt.