We both face the front as the teacher enters the classroom, rushing to set her slides up, "I changed subjects, Economics was just not it for me."

I give him a sideways glance, smiling at him, "And you think Chemistry is going to be any better? I think you just gave yourself a death warrant by signing up for Chem."

He chuckles lightly, before turning his attention back onto the teacher, who had now began the lesson

-

The rest of the lesson had consisted of small talk and a few bits of banter here and there, but it was safe to say I made a new friend other than Riya. The day had ended long ago, and I was still stood by the lockers waiting for Ezra to finish his detention. Elijah had to leave slightly early to acompany mum to her monthly check up at the hospital, leaving me to wait around for Ezra alone. I had originally been at the library, finishing up a few miscellaneous pieces of homework, I decided to go wait at our agreed spot couple of minutes before, just in case he had finished earlier.

My thumb was becoming to grow weary at the endless scrolling of my phone, and my feet were also going to give away if I kept standing up longer. Hearing footsteps approach, I glance down the hallway, regrettably making eye contact with Jasper. I turn to look in the opposite direction, hoping he would ignore me if I gave him a hint.

He mistook it for fear.

"Gosh, one punch and the mighty Eliza Hayashi is already scared." He claims, his voice closer than I had expected it to be.

I turn to look at him, trying not to show shock at the close proximity of his face, before rolling my eyes and looking away again.

"What, are you scared because you have no one to back you this time?" He takes a few steps closer, his figure now towering over me, his left hand trails down my cheek as he continues, "To think you were all bark and no bite."

I struggle to keep my anger a bay, knowing I would be giving him exactly what he wants if I react to his words. Instantaneously, I push his hand away from my face and make an attempt to shove past him, so I could walk away.

His hand curls around my shoulder and drives my back harshly into the lockers, making me clench my jaw in pain as one of the locks dig into my back. He slams his left hand on the locker behind me by the side of my head, I flinch, scared it would have slammed into me.

"Don't fucking ignore me." He snarls.

I give an exaggerated sigh before looking up at him, "What do you want now Jasper, was the bruise you gave me not enough?"

He roughly grabs my jaw with the hand that was previously placed on my shoulder, "You might want to watch how you speak, that bruise could be the least of your worries."

My eyes narrow, "You think I'm scared of you, I hate to break it to you,  but you don't frighten me, if you think you hold any power over me," I scoff, "You are incredibly wrong."

"I'm sure I can change that." His voice hard.

His head lowers, drawing close to my face. His green eyes held mischief before his lips captured mine swiftly. My heart starts to race, as I stared back at him, I could feel the rush of my blood running into my cheeks. His lips were soft, ironically, almost silken against my own. I could feel the soft breeze of his breath beneath my nose, the grip of his fingers tightening almost instinctively.

A few moments drag by before mind mind comes back into reality. With instant disgust, I shove him away from me, the back of my hand hovering by my lips as my eyebrows furrow with confusion.

My first kiss, gone just like that.

"What is wrong with you?!" I shout with vex.

He starts laughing, "Scared now? Or are you feeling something else?" He once more takes a few steps towards me, a sinister smirk etching onto his face, "Don't take my words lightly, I can do more to hurt you than this," his eyes rake from my lips to the bruised side of my face, "and don't think for a second that I won't."

My heart clenches in fear for the first time, he was being serious. Whatever the argument was between him and my brother, it must have really angered him for him to be lashing out on me. Long gone was the aloof demeanour he had when normally teasing me, he looked like a madman.

He slams both off his hands the locker behind me, causing me to jump once more. My eyes lower to the ground in sudden fear, these hallways were empty, not a soul in sight, he could get away with more than just stealing a kiss from me.

The sickly sweet scent of peppermint engulfs my mind, as he lowers his head to the side of my ear, "You and your brother better watch your backs, Eliza."

With a small scoff he pulls himself away from me and walks to the opposite end of the hallway. I stay still for a few minutes, my eyes fixed on to his retreating back.

Where was Ezra?

Swallowing my fear, I force myself to blink rapidly, getting rid of the tears before they could fall, I check my phone out of instinct.

4:11 P.M

I notice messages from Ezra that I had missed.

Hey, I'm going to be like ten minutes late, Coach wanted to see me and pulled me out from detention a few minutes earlier, wait by the bus stop I'll be there soon.

I start making my way out of the school. That explains why he was a no show, and why Jasper had the guts to treat me like that. I was scared for a few moments I will admit, but I will never make the mistake of feeding Jasper's ego like that again. He liked the fact people feared him, I won't let myself be one of them. 

Piece of shit.

I kick the stone beneath my feet in frustration.

-

I had received another text from Ezra explaining to me he was going to be even more late, and that I was better off catching the bus home on my own. As I reached home, I made a beeline to the bathroom, turning the tap on and letting my hands run through cold water before splashing the water onto my face. I aggressively wipe my lips, repulsed they had been touched by the likes of him, but no matter how much I wiped I wasn't able to get rid of the lingering weight of his lips. 

Dissatisfied with my outcome, I let out a sigh and turn the tap off, wiping my face with a cloth before heading to Ezra's room. I jump onto his bed and lie down - staring at the ceiling. I decided to wait for him here, so I could ask him more questions regarding Jasper and their feud. I turn my head to the left, only to be greeted by his sloppy desk.

My eyebrows raise at the scattered books.

I mean if not me, who else will clean up his mess.

I start packing the books into neat lines on the shelf next to his desk, in doing so a silver card catches my eye. I grab the card and read the contents.

No fucking way.

I guess have more to ask him than about Jasper.

__ __ __

Hey guys,

Hope you enjoyed today's chapter, please don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT any errors in my writing.

Thankyou

Elle x