20

"It's okay, if you atleast texted me then Yeji would've been a bit calmer."

Yeji, Yeji, Yeji. Does it have to start from today itself?

"Sorry." She says in a faint voice, not wanting to talk any longer.

"I know, we were just worried."

Let's see for how many days.

Yerin doesn't reply yet she wants to speak so much more, tell him everything. She wonders if he would be concerned about her anymore but as she questions herself about it, she sees no reason why Jeno would worry about her anymore.

Feeling the urge to cry again, she just takes him in with his eyes for the last time and enjoys his presence, the familiar scent invading her senses and the comfortable warmth almost making her asleep.

But she can't give up looking at him from that close for the last time.

"We are here." Yeji says, probably still irritated with that irresponsible behaviour of Yerin.

"Do you need help?" Jeno asks and Yerin shakes her head, slowly getting out, Jeno leaving after her.

Yeji takes the car to the garage for parking while Yerin and Jeno stand close to each other, each moment shooting daggers into her heart.

"While you weren't there, I actually proposed to your sister and she accepted." Jeno says, looking down while fidgeting with his fingers.

"Do you approve?" Yerin looks up at him after he asked that, wondering why all that was happening with her.

"Will my approval change anything?" Yerin asks and Jeno gets taken aback, having no answer to that question.

Yerin opens her backpack, taking out the gift bag. Jeno looks at it with confusion, changing his glance from the bag to the younger's face.

"This is for you. Thank you for not losing your patience and being consistent with me. I have put you in a lot of trouble and concern and I sincerely apologise for that. Fortunately, you won't have to stand me anymore." Yerin offers the gift and he accepts them.

"I never had, still don't and won't ever have any problem to stand you. Also you won't have to put up with me everyday and get up in the morning even in the weekends." Jeno laughs.

But you didn't want to do that, Jeno. It's all lies.

"Can you keep this one request?" Yerin asks, looking up at the taller male.

"Of course, as long as it won't harm anyone."

"Can you please not tell my sister that I gifted this to you? Please." 

Jeno hesitates, but finally gives in to her request.

"Can you hug me? For the last time." Yerin blurts out, unable to suppress her greed.

Jeno laughs, "I can hug you whenever you want. Never be shy around me, you're like my little sister." He hugs her, patting her back and Yerin feels the warm tears spilling from her eyes when he says that last word.

At night, Yerin couldn't help but keep on crying, denying her eyes which needed sleep. Walking  into the kitchen, she pours water in her glass and drinks it, calming down a little. She starts to walk a little to feel less stiff and hears her sister's voice in the middle of the night, talking to someone.

"Love you, Jeno."

Yerin runs back to her room after hearing that, not being able to tolerate those words she jumps on her bed, crying into her pillow.

I wish I was the one telling you that but Jeno, thank you and love you.