4

This is the day when I will know whether I have hope to succeed or not.

Yerin massages her temples as she sits on a chair in her room, another chair kept beside her, the maths book and a new copy along with her pencil bag kept neatly on her study table in front of her.

She hears a click and bends back on her chair to see who entered their house.

A fairly tall boy enters their house, hair messy yet looking neat, wearing a blue t-shirt and skinny jeans, brushing his hair with his fingers to make himself look a bit more approachable.

She notices Yeji rushing to him and whispering something and that boy just nods, giving her a small smile.

Yerin fixes her posture when she sees her sister walking to her room with what that boy, drinking water to clench her thirst.

"Rin?" Yeji calls his sister.

Yerin looks up at her, quickly looking at the boy beside her sister and then looking at Yeji again.

"He is Jeno, presumably your maths tutor from today. I hope you co-operate with him." Yeji gives her a sweet smile which gave her a lot of meanings.

So I guess Yeji is telling me to behave well and politely with him.

"Um, Hi! I'm Lee Yerin, Yeji's sister and your student from today. I hope you'll be patient with me." Yerin stands up and bows.

"No need of all that, get seated." Jeno, or her Sir, coldly says, sitting on the chair which was kept for him. Yeji leaves the room after looking at her sister once.

Damn he is frigid.

Or maybe all the languish that he went through made him like that?

Yerin shakes her head to divert her attention from those useless thoughts to her new teacher, who was currently surfing through her textbook.

"Um..." Yerin thinks of what to address him as.

Jeno looks up and raises an eyebrow at her, "Do you want to ask me something?"

I guess sir will be better-

"I mean, Sir, do you want to see my marksheets or previous copies?" She says quite a bit nervously, which was very unlikely of her.

"Have I asked for those?" He drones, staring at her.

Goddamn don't stare at me like that!

"N-no, sorry." She just looks down, fiddling with her fingers.

Noticing when Jeno turns his gaze from her to the book, she discreetly stares at him, taking in every detail.

A perfect jawline, sharp nose and a pretty face...

"Yerin?" Jeno calling her names brings her out of her daze and she blinks to settle her thoughts.

"Yes... Sir?"