9

Yeji walks to reach her home from the nearby library where she was working on her project. Not noticing her surroundings much, she plugged in her earphones and played her favourite playlist, the soothing lo-fi music filling her ears.

She feels a tap on her shouder and she looks back, her face breaking out into a huge smile when she sees Jeno smiling at her as well.

"Going home so late after college today? Did you go somewhere?" Jeno walks with her and she puts her phone with the earphones inside her backpack to give him full attention.

"Oh nothing much, I was in the library working on the new project. What about you? Are you going somewhere too?"

"Yes, I'm going to your house to tutor Yerin. She said she would be free now so I wanted to use this opportunity." He chuckles.

"You sure are tiring her out. She stays inside her room doing maths whereas even a month ago she used to spend that time watching TV."

"I mean if she is really becoming too tired I can make it less tough on her. But you know, this is for her own benefit." Jeno reasons.

"Of course, I know it very well Jeno. I was just joking around with you." Yeji takes a quick glance at him to read his facial expression and he didn't seem to take that in a different way than she had intended.

"Wanna have ice cream? Just another token of gratitude from me." She offers seeing a convenience store near them and he hesitantly nods.

Hopefully I will be able to freely treat you to something someday too.

Jeno thinks to himself and follows her, entering the convenience store with the soothing sound of the bell chiming.

He chooses his favourite flavour of ice cream and hands it to Yeji, who takes it with a smile and goes to buy it, her other hand holding two cups of the flavour of ice cream that she and Yerin liked.

He notes her liking in his mind instantly and roams around the shop, eyeing the new releases and just consoles his mind saying that a time will come soon when he will be able to try all of them out someday, when he would not be financially short.

"Jeno?" Yeji appears in front of him and he remembers why he was here for, smiling apologetically.

"Sorry, I got too distracted looking at the items, hehe." He rubs the behind of his head.

She laughs, "I can relate. Now let's go quickly or these will melt."

"Yes, of course." They leave the shop and start walking again when a fact hits her.

"Wait, we are friends but you don't have my number." She looks at him suddenly and chuckles which make him smile as well.

He hands her his phone and she enters her number, returning it back to him.

"Silly me." She chuckles again.

So we are really friends?