Chapter 43

[Recap: Veer's job in Cuttack is done and he gets ready to leave for Ballia. Back in Ballia, Rani feels agitated; the gloomy weather worries her. Ravi and Chandan are in a fix. However a conversation of Veer over the phone, alerts them].

~~~~~~

Veer cut the call and immediately put his phone on silent mode.

Veer: uff... Mai nahi utha raha ab kisika bhi call.

He sighed and took out his wallet from his pocket to pay the bill.
Veer called for the waiter and then looked at his watch. It was going to be 9p.m. He was running late.
_______

As soon as Ravi and Chandan came out, they looked at each other thoughtfully.

Chandan: kaha thha ne maine! Kaha thha isne zaroor kuch suna hai. Dekh kaise police ki baatein kar raha thha. Angrezi to samjh nahi aati, pata nahi kya barbara raha thha.

Ravi: Jo bhi ho ab hum risk nahi ke sakta. Iss ko to ussi waqt ura dena chahiye thha par log hai andar. Ab kya karenge hum? Bhai ko phone karta hoo.

Chandan: ae ruk. Bhai ko kuch nahi bol sakte. Pehle uska kuch intezam karna hoga.

Ravi: Dekh, Bhai se baat krlete hai aur---

Chandan: nahi. Bhai humesha sochte hai ki hum nikamme hai. To yahi to mauka hai kuch kar dikhane ka aur sabit krne ka ki hum bhi akele boht kuch kar sakte hai.

Ravi: kya karega tu?

Chandan: tu bas jaisa mai keh raha hoo waisa kar.

Ravi nodded.
_______

Veer walked out of the cafe while humming a song in his head.
He'd had parked his car a lil away from the cafe.

Suddenly he stopped in his place, as he felt that someone was following him.
Veer looked behind him but saw no one and therefore he started walking again.

A few feet away, he stopped again and this time he not only turned back but also walked back a few steps. Veer raised his brows and looked around.

And the next moment he speedily paced towards the nearest parked car and pulled someone out from behind it.

"Kaun ho tum aur mera peecha kyu kr rhe ho?",
He asked holding the intruder by his collar, firmly.

Veer: tum to cafe mai bhi thhe na? Peecha kyu kar rhe ho mera? Jawab do!

The man revealed to be Ravi, pushed Veer away instead of replying.

Ravi: tu bhi unn haspatal waalo se mila hua hai na jinhone humare Dada ko mar diya😠

Veer: ohh to tum bhi unlogo mai se ho... Dekho, mai na hi iss hospital ka hu, na hi is sheher ka. Isiliye mera peecha karna chhor do, aur apne kam se kam rakho.

Veer turned away and started to go when he felt a blow from behind causing him to almost fall on the ground.

Veer: what the hell...

Ravi: itni asani se to tujhe mai jaane nahi dunga...

He tried to punch Veer across his face but the latter caught hold of his hand.

Veer was already annoyed with the fact that he was late, was trying his best to get rid of this man.

Luckily the just-began fight was interrupted as another person came running towards the duo.

"Ravi!", the person came and held Ravi from behind, "kya kar raha hai tu!"

Veer stood up straight as the man was away from him now.