Chapter 8

Morning,,

Rani was standing in front of the bathroom mirror staring at herself and occasionally touching the corner of her lips while blushing and smiling hard.

"Rani, tum tayyar hogayi?", called out Kiara from outside.

Rani: Jii Kiara Ji, bas dui minute mai Aate hai.

Kiara knew that 'Ladkiyo Ka Do minute' is equal to 'Do ghanta', so she decided to get ready in the empty guestroom adjacent to theirs.

________

Vikram: Bro! Bro uthjaiye, 8 baj rahe hai!

Vikram called out a half asleep Veer.

Veer (sleepy): Rani thodi Der aur please...

Vikram: Rani? Arey Bro Mai Vikram hoo!

Veer: Knaha hai Vikram?

Vikram: Ynaha hai Vikram, Aapke baaju Mai!😐

Veer: Kya bol rhi hai aap Kuch samajh nhi aaraha...

Vikram noticed a filled water bottle near Veer's head.
He was about to splash the water on Veer's face but the latter opened his eyes.

Veer: (moving away) Vikram ye kya Kar rahe thhe aap!?🤨

Vikram: Mai kya Kar Raha thha matlab? Ek to aap mujhe Bhabisa samjh rahe thhe or upar se🙄--

Veer: ha to mujhe uthati to Rani hi hai...to... Abhi aap jaiye Mai ready hokr aata hoo.

Vikram: waise bro aaj aap itne der se kyu uthe?🤨

Veer: ye Kaisa sawal hai Vikram?

Vikram: nhi matlab roj aap mujhe uthate hai aur aaj mujhe aapko uthana para...

Veer didn't reply.

Vikram: Accha bro aap raat ke teen baje ke aaspas Kaha Gaye thhe?

Veer: kamre mai hii thha aur kahan jaunga?🙄

Vikram: aap nhi thhe kamre Mai isiliye to puch raha hoo🤷‍♂️

Veer: shayad washroom mai thha...

Vikram: Nahi thhe!😏

Veer: Vikram, ab aap jaiye mujhe ready Hona hai. Function ke liye late horaha hai.

Vikram (in mind): pata hai mujhe, aap zaroor Bhabisa k saath thhe😅
.
.
(To Veer) thik hai...jaldi aaiyega!

_______________

Around 11 a.m, all the women had already assembled in the hall for the function.

Rani dressed in a light yellow colour designer salwar suit and floral jewelry, came down with Nandini and Kiara for the mehndi function.

Rajmata welcomed her and made her sit on a white swing decorated with diy marigolds and pop coloured cushions.

After sometime, Veer also came down with Vikram.
Although his feet wished to take him towards Rani, Vikram took him towards a sunshining yellow-themed mehendi seating and made him sit there.

Since both bride and groom had arrived the function kicked off.

Professional mehndi artists had been called from Agra for the function. Three of the artists came and sat beside Rani while others were applying henna on the other ladies.

Henna was being applied on the front and back of her palm, forearm, till above the elbows, and on her feet.

"Naam?", Rani was asked by one of them.