Chapter 24

Continued from previous part...

Rani held her Matarani's locket tightly and stepped forward.
As she moved a few steps, something hit her head, scaring her more.

Rani: ab ee asmaan se kaa latak Raha hai..😦

She said grabbing the thing and pulled it down.

Instantly, she saw that before her was a path, decorated with rose petals and candles.
Rani looked at the thing in her hand, probably it was a switch for lighting up this path.
She started walking over it and after a few steps she found a piece of folded paper beside a small portrait of their picture which was taken on the first day of her college.
Rani picked both the things and started reading what was inside the paper:

"Meri pyaari Rani, aapko itna pareshan karne ke liye very sorry. Jaipur ka ye doctor sirf aap hi kaa hai aur humesha rahega".

Rani smiled and walked along.

After few steps she again found a portrait of their picture taken in Ballia and another letter.

It read:

"Litti chokha to aapko bohot pasand aaya. Aapne khudse Meri tariff bhi Kar rahi thhi. Par apne mujhe maaf nahi Kiya. Koi baat nahi, Mai phir koshish karoonga aapki narazgi dur karne ki".

An eager Rani quickly moved forward.
She found a picture of their engagement and again another letter.
Rani opened it quickly:

"Oo kaa hai na Rani, aapke devarjii bare filmy hai. Isiliye Humne thode filmy tarike se aapko manane ki koshish ki. Arey janmo ka saath hai humara , itni jaldi aapko chorke thodi jaunga?
Rani, aapko hurt karne ka koi iraada nahi thha sachme. Please mujhe maaf kardijiyega. Aage se aesa kabhi nahi hoga. Sorry".

Rani nodded to herself with a smile and walked frontward.

Rani: Ek aur...

She mumbled while picking up another letter along with a picture of theirs taken in Goa.
The fresh ink on paper indicated that it was written just a few moments back. It read:

"Mujhe aap pe aese chillana nahi chahiye thha. Aapne to mere baare Mai soch Kar hi mujhe nahi uthaya. Sorry Rani, har bar aapko samajh Mai galti kar jata hoo mai. Aur phir se aapko gussa dilane keliye bhi maafi mangta hoo. Mai bas aapko ynaha tak lana chahta thha".

Rani slapped her forehead and giggled.
She looked in front. There was a table just a few steps away from her. She went near it.
In the centre of the table, was a bouquet and a card.
Rani kept the portraits and letters on the table and picked up the card.

On the front page was a beautiful picture of theirs and below the picture was written 'RanVeer' in cursive font. She turned over and looked at the left page. In big bold letters it was written- 'Happy One Year to Us' and immediately realization struck Rani.

Today is that date, last year on this same day they had came across each other. And it was the best thing that ever happened to her. How could she forget it?
Rani looked at the right page. Another note for her!

[Consider what Veer said to Rani in their sangeet ceremony in ATBA, as the content of this note]

A tear drop rolled down her cheek as she finished reading it. Her dactor saab never fails to make her feel like the most lucky person on this planet.

She hugged the card while recalling their memories, until she heard Veer call her out, softly.

Rani opened her eyes and looked at him. There was a mixture of anxiety, guilt and hope on his face. Without wasting a single second, Rani embraced him with all the speed. Veer after initially being stunned, hugged her back.