Chapter 34

[Recap: Veer and Rani's banter. They enjoy Bedai and Jalebis at a dhaba on their way to Ballia.]

"Par ee sab to bohut mehenga hoga na dactor saab?", asked Rani while scrolling through the pictures of the hotel that they were about to stay during their honeymoon.

Veer: aap phirse ye sab leke baith gayi? Rani, honeymoon pe log 1 hi baar jaate hai...usme mehengai nahi dekhte...

Rani: Par--

Veer: aapko meri kasam Rani... humare beech ye paiso ka factor nahi aana chahiye.

Rani: accha thik hai...

She kept scrolling through the pictures on Veer's phone and finally stopped on finding a picture of a backless lace up midi dress.

Rani: ee ka hai dactor saab....

Veer: kya---

Veer's eyes were on the verge of bulging out.
Oops! Rani found that picture.

#Flashback#

Veer was trying to find some good outfits for Rani, online. In the meantime, Vikram came from nowhere and snatched the phone from him.

Vikram: oh ho! Shopping chal rahi hai ... Bhabisa ke liye?

Veer: of course....

Vikram: to bro, itni boring dresses kyu dekh rahe hai aap?... Kuch hatke dekhiye...
.
.
Arey Kiara! Idhar aana zara...

Veer: Vikram iss sab ki koi zaroorat nahi hai--

Vikram: arey hai zaroorat... Rukiye na aap..

Kiara: kya hua Vikram?

Vikram told her the matter.

And much to Veer's dismay, Kiara selected a black colour backless lace up dress.

#end#

Rani: kaa hua? Kahan kho gaye?

Veer: Kuch nahi Rani...😅

Rani: arey bataiye...ee kiske liye hai...khud to naahi pehnenge na...to kauno ladki keliye hi hoga.🤔...bataiye na kiske liye hai?

Veer: Rani! aapke liye hi hai ye🤦‍♂️

Rani: kaa😳...ee humare liye?..hum..hum kaise...ee...maane---

Veer: Rani...

He held her hand with his left hand.

Veer: Rani... Ghabraiye mat... agar aapko nahi pehenna to koi baat nhi...

He then told her that how Kiara'd selected it for her. 

Veer: Jisme aap comfortable nahi hai uske liye mai aapko kabhi force nahi karunga.

Rani smiled at him while he brought her hand close to his chest and kissed it.

In the process, Veer's attention was drawn away from the road.

Rani: dactor saab saamne dekhiye!!!

Rani almost screamed.

There was a toll point in front and two policemen were standing.
However Veer couldn't apply the brakes at the right time and the car stopped a few feet away from the point.

One of the policemen, came towards their car.

Veer tried to leave Rani's hand but she gripped it more tightly.

The policeman knocked at the window.
Veer opened the window immediately.

The policeman asked Veer why he didn't stop the car.