Chapter 9

Continued...

Rani sat back on her swing and heaved a sigh of relief. Confessing her feelings wasn't as difficult as she thought. Maybe because Veer didn't even understand what she said.
She chuckled at her own thought and looked back to catch a glimpse of Veer who was still standing there, confused.

Rani (murmuring): bechare dactor saab🤭

Indeed he was.

Veer came back to his place too.
By that time the dance performances were over and everyone started to come back to their seats.
The servants brought cold drinks for the guests.

"Bohot thak gye hai", One of the guests said sipping the drink.

"Par Dulhe Dulhan Ka dance to abhi baki hai!", said another.

Vikram: Arey haa bro..aap or bhabisa ne to dance Kiya hi nhi😦

Veer: koi baat nhi Vikram, necessary thodi na hai? Waise bhi abhi sab thak gye hai.

Vikram: (to Veer) Kaun thak Gaya hai?
.
.
(Loudly) Aap sab thak Gaye kya??

"Nahi!", Almost fifty percent of the guests replied and other half remained silent.

Ranisa's friend: Vikram beta, tum sab abhi Jawan ho, hum sab ki umar ho rhi hai, itni energy Kaha hai?

Vikram: thik hai to ek kaam krte hai, Koi Accha sa soft sa gaana chala te hai...relax bhi hojayega or dance bhi.

Veer: par Vikram...

Vikram: koi par var nahi bro...chaliye...
.
.
Bhabisa! Aap bhi aaiye na.

Soon the mellifluous strings of a song was being played. "Sukoon Mila"- was the song.

Veer held out his hand before Rani. She placed her hand above his and they went to the dance floor.

Veer place one of his hands on Rani's waist and the other entwined with her's. She gently placed her hand on his shoulder.

Slowly they picked up the beat of the song and moved with the rhythm.

Veer: Rani,

Veer called out her name while looking straight into her kohl rimmed eyes.

Rani: Jii.

He spun her and made her back hit his chest.

Veer (whispering against her ears) : Aapne mujhse abhi Jo Kaha, uska matlab bataiyena!

Rani gave him a roguish grin and nodded in negative.

He spun her again and they came back to their previous position.

Veer: aisa kyu kar rahi hai aap mere Saath?
Bataiyena iska matlab!

Rani grinned again while swaying in his arms.

Rani: Agar hum matlab batadenge to pura khel bigad jayega humara.

Veer (raising his brows) : Mujhe satane ka khel?

Rani: Jii!😁

Veer couldn't help but smile at his stubborn wife.

RanVeer were dimly aware of the people around them as they stared into each other's eyes and swinged back and forth with the flow of the music.

Veer was about to say something again but they realised that the song was over and now everyone was clapping.

Rani and Veer came down the stage.

After sometime,,

Guests: Thik hai beta, to ab hum sab chalte hai. Reception ke din phir milenge. Khush raho dono.