Chapter 24, Bobby Simmons

Next two weeks saw Lena not get down from the back of her horse to the point of exhausting the animal and being told by the vet that the horse needed to rest if she was to compete next month as planned. She had been overdoing her training and spending all her time at the Stables, where she didn't have to talk to anyone but her coach when they had a scheduled session. The fact that no Visser family member showed their face in the Stables apparently helped her deal with the matter as at the house she behaved like nothing had happened. Stephan Visser himself was not seen at any place he frequented as per the information James's man from the security company had acquired. So, the family surmised he had left the country.

===

Tony took off the boxing gloves and eyed Bobby in anticipation: "Ok, now...we've completed the hour as per the training program...I don't feel like sparring anymore...can we go to the dojo and work on the reverse roundhouse kick?"

It was a late Saturday night after all the classes had ended and all the members had left. Tony's fascination with karate had started some time ago, but now as they had a new sensei, who was fairly young for all of his accomplishments, the boy's determination to advance in the belts was making him itch. Bobby didn't mind driving his cousin around especially when they always seemed to end up in the Studio.

Bobby didn't say much, just nodded and removed his boxing gear. After wiping the sweat off his face with a towel, he grabbed his backpack, lifted the ring rope, ducked under it, and headed to the dojo side.

The reverse roundhouse kick was a front snap kick but aimed in the opposite direction. It started out the same way as a regular kick, but before snapping the leg out, one had to turn it outwards as opposed to the regular inwards, which seemed easy but neither of them had been able to get it right as they kept losing their balance or hitting low.

The boys had been working on the kick for some time when Bobby pointed to the bathroom and without further ado jogged in its direction leaving Tony alone.

The boy took a sip of water and as he was bending to leave the bottle down, he felt a strong blow to the back which sent him flying down face forward.

The shock from the suddenness of the attack was what paralyzed Tony for a few seconds as someone closed in on him and kicked him in the middle almost throwing him over.

Tony managed to grab the foot as it was preparing to kick again and pushed the man on the floor only then realizing there was a second man coming at him from the side. He ducked, rolled over, and jumped to his feet despite the discomfort in his middle. He had been training for over an hour and he was very well warmed up, but the fact that the two attackers were older and taller didn't escape him. The thought that his cousin would be coming out any second flashed in his mind, but he couldn't articulate a scream as he ducked and evaded the punches coming his way.

The two men were both white, rough looking, street hoodlums. They didn't attack in any systematic manner but were mean enough to compensate for their intermediate skills. Tony had approached the attack defensively but as Bobby wasn't showing up, he decided to attack, and after executing the reverse roundhouse kick, they had been practicing, his foot landed on the man's cheek, making his head shake violently and he dropped losing his balance. The fall was hard; however, it was mats underneath, not hard ground, and Tony moved in the opposite direction keeping both men in his view.

The one on the ground had obviously hurt his head in the fall and as per Tony's estimate was unconscious as his eyes seemed off, his mouth open.

Tony's attention swiftly moved to the other guy, who was definitely surprised as he had not expected that a boy would have the skillset to topple his partner in crime. His surprise showed in his hesitant moves and Tony was able to punch him three times and to make him stumble back trying to hold on to his balance. Where the hell was Bobby?, flashed in his mind again and as he glanced in the direction of the bathroom, he received a punch that threw him on the ground.