Chapter 23, Lena Galvez

Lena had been certain she loved Stephan Visser's pretty face and easy laughter that always came from his expressive eyes. She could swear she loved the taste of his mouth on hers and the feel of his hands in her top. She could admit that she had woken up many nights from sensual dreams she was having about being with Stephan, about exploring the new glamorous field of intimacy with him. She had been certain he would be her first, however as her head swam uncomfortably, and as she felt nauseous when his mouth kept abusing hers in a manner way more forceful than anything they had done in the few times they had made out in his car, she was getting afraid and repulsed. She could hear his grumble deep in his throat, then it sounded like he was laughing at her as she felt him suck and bite her neckline, while his hands roughly pulled at her dress and under it.

It must be the joint, she thought, because he had never been this rough and because they had agreed to wait a little more time until she felt comfortable taking the 'next step' together. They had agreed; he had agreed to wait for her as he loved her; that's what he had said!

Why had he taken her to the beach, all the way out to the surf and watercraft club when they had movie tickets and were meeting their friends in less than an hour? Why had she agreed that they take a detour? Her mind was spinning now, and she was sure the joint must have been laced with something else, much stronger, than what she had tried twice before. It's not like I had a choice or like I could jump out of the speeding car...but I don't want to do this now, here in this dark and ugly place!

Lena Galvez heard her own detached voice cry out 'no' again and again, and only then realized that her hands had been pushing him away, scraping at his face, as she felt him tear her underwear and finally hit her across the face. His beautiful face had turned ugly now as his eyes were glaring at her, the eyes of an attacker, not of the nice young man who had been riding with her and then had been taking her out and about. She saw him pull down his jeans in a haze, then lower himself onto her and she felt him push at her hard, while his eyes seemed angrier than before.

She cried out, not certain if from the horror that gripped her or from the pain between her legs, and then realized that he was being lifted off of her and that someone was holding him by the shirtfront and was punching him hard in the stomach and the face, again and again. Then she saw him being let go, falling to the ground, and she saw feet in the light blue Nike sneakers, that Tony and she had purchased together last week, kick Stephan's middle until he curled up unmoving in the fetal position.

Lena was wiping her face and trying to wrap her torn dress around her as Tony bent down to lift her from the sand. His knuckles were raw and almost bleeding, his face distorted as she had never seen it before, jaw tight clenched and a deep wrinkle between his eyebrows.

Tony hugged her for a few seconds, then pushed her away to take a look at her face and disheveled hair, as his expression softened and he finally murmured: " I got you, Len, I got you...you're safe!".

The tears of fear she was holding burst out at this moment and she sobbed a while as he only held her silently.

"Are you hurt?" Tony finally asked and she shook her head not sure if she should say 'yes' or 'no'.

"I don't know what happened...he went crazy...we had agreed to wait...he smoked this joint and went crazy after that...", she couldn't control the shaking in her voice: " Is he dead?"

"I wish", Tony growled and looked at the man who had moved a little. There was blood on his face and shirt; Tony figured he had broken his nose and maybe a tooth. By the way Stephan was clutching his midsection, Tony surmised he had inflicted exactly the kind of damage he had intended.

Lena had introduced her 'brother' Tony to Stephan about a month after they had started going out for coffee and pastries after their horse riding practices. The guys had talked a little; according to Lena they had even clicked. Later Stephan had been shocked when she had told him that Tony was four years younger than her.

Queen of the South - My Season 6: Full Circleजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें