Chapter 8, Asuntos de Negocios II

"So, what are you going to do?", Pote inquired. "You don't owe her anything!"

"I don't...I only care to get Mikey out...I intend to tell her who Castel Fioto really is...so that they can play their cards as they see fit", James said flatly.

"This Mikey, what's he like?", Pote tilted his head.

"We were buddies in high school...trained together with the boxing team, but I have no idea if he kept it up later...he is a little more impulsive than I like...", James was not looking forward to any of the things he had to do to get Mikey out, so his buddy better have grown up and lost some of his temper, he thought.

"And Camila and Isabella? If you refuse to ...ahh...what was it? – infiltrate Castel's operation – they wouldn't leave your sister's family alone...we'll have to take him with us", Pote concluded

"True, but maybe once they find they are dealing with the CIA, they will be preoccupied with much bigger issues that chasing my family for revenge", James said.

"Are you willing to take this risk?", Pote was against all risks in his own way.

"No, but right now...there's nothing that I can do...have to wait for Camila's call", James sighed.

"James, we are in Dallas, cabron...let's go eat steaks at the Lonesome Star Grill...you can't find the same quality steak back home", Pote's eyes were sparkling with excitement, which fact James found amusing. But as his stomach was also feeling neglected, he said: "You read my mind!"

===

Dallas, TX

Camila's call had come with instructions to meet at a restaurant as apparently Salinas and Isabella used the back end as their offices. The front looked very busy, the kitchen was churning, James spotted three security detail and two cameras when they entered.

Isabella had matured and wore the same style of tight-fitting dresses like her mother, while the Salinas guy looked mid-thirties, good sporting figure and exuded a pompous attitude even before opening his mouth to speak. He had no accent and James deduced he was a Chicano. They all smoked, and the back office reeked of stale cigarette smoke when one of the guards walked them in. Salinas told them to take out their guns and put them on the table. Both did it slowly not breaking eye contact.

Surprisingly to both James and Pote, Isabella apologized for having to threaten his family, while Camila sat silent behind the desk and Salinas sat perched on its side.

"As my mother has told you, our situation is precarious and we need to ensure we play Castel Fioto well so that we get what we want", Isabella said.

"I understand you and she worked together," Salinas ventured to James after only having nodded when Isabella had introduced them.

"Yes, we have", James said flatly. "However, your idea of infiltrating and manipulating her operation is very flimsy and very risky."

"Why James?" Camila said with an air of superiority trying to make James feel her small employee who was being quizzed.

"Because she is not who you think she is", he said and looked at each one of them, then added with emphasis: "Castel Fioto worked for Devon Finch, as did I, and Finch was a CIA contractor, off the books, special budget ops, responsible for special missions. Your contact Almeida was a foot soldier, so he wouldn't have known", he could see shock on each of their faces.

As no one said anything, he continued: "The Agency exercises control over the trade by removing unfriendly players. After Finch's death a few years back, Castel logically would have taken his spot. Castel Fioto is not someone you can manipulate, it is her job to manipulate people like you", he took a deep breath and waited.