𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

...

Hey guys! I'm finally back after all this time.
This fanfic has been really hard to write, I don't have many ideas for it but I'll try to continue the story.

I'm sorry if you read this a long time ago and don't remember the plot. If that's your case, I'd recommend you to reread at least chapter 9,10 and 11 just to contextualize. <3

-path to the darkness-

We both went towards the big mansion we have been sent before.
Today it would get official, we would join the dark side.
I was not very excited about it, in fact, I was just doing it because I want to be with Bella, I don't want her to marry that Rodolphus Lestrange guy.
Dark Lord already knows our pact and I know this will bring bad things to our lives, I'm totally aware of that but it's worth it and I'll have to learn about leaving with the consequences.

I just didn't feel very confident about how Bellatrix acted towards this situation, she seemed too amazed by the Dark Lord, unlike me. I just want us to be together and she seems like enjoying the power she will hold from now on is a priority.
Maybe I'm just freaking out, maybe there's too many things happening at the same time and I'm just confused. I need to calm down.
I got out of my thoughts and smiled at Bellatrix while holding her hand and continued walking towards the mansion.

"You can enter now, Dark Lord wants to see you two."— a small elf said, leading us to the entrance of the saloon.

"Dark Lord."— Bellatrix whispered and bowed. It looked ridiculous to me but I did the same.

"You two can sit right there."— he pointed towards the big table.
After some minutes, many people started entering in the room. It was probably the rest of the group, the death eaters.

"We're here today to happily let Lestrange and Lancaster join us. It's a pleasure to have you all here. Shall we begin?"— he stood up really fast causing the chair behind him to back up a little.
"Who wants to be first?"

"I want!"— Bella stood up. I raised my eyebrows.

"This can hurt a little. In the end it will be worth it and you know that."— her father said, walking to the corner of the room, waiting for her to approach.

She stretched her arm with confidence and took a deep breath.
He put his wand in her arm and something started to appear in her skin.
It seemed painful, I was worried about her but instead if protesting, she stayed with a proud smile.
When it was finished, I knew it was my turn.

I walked towards her father but he looked at his wife, signaling for her to do it for him.
She started walking to me and and put her wand in my arm, just like Bella's father did before.
I took a deep breath from nervousness. I begun to feel a tingle and then a sharp pain started. It felt like hundred needles filling my skin.
A big symbol started forming in my arm.

"Very good."— Dark Lord looked at me and Bella with a proud smile. "Welcome."
Then he came closer to both of us and whispered:
"Remember, there's no turning back."

It sent shivers through my body.
I knew this was a horrible decision but Bellatrix was too important.
Sometimes I start regretting about putting love above my life, above my future and above myself.
And how right I was for regretting it...