𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

-on top of a hill-

-on top of a hill-

Today was the day that I have been waiting for sixteen years, the day I was going to Hogwarts.
As a member of a pure-blood family, I wouldn't expect anything different, however my letter arrived really late. I actually just received it this morning, what made me hurry to pack my things and go immediately to Diagon Alley so I could buy all I need to start my first year.
Already with my truck, I said goodbye to my family and made my way to a pub quite near my house.

"The Leaky Cauldron" I read the name as I opened the door and a small bell, grabbed by a thread, rang between people's talks and guffaws, which made everyone glance at me. A loud silence was established.
I replied with an embarrassed smile and walked, people seemed uncomfortable with my presence, just like me with theirs.
The silence was broken by a man sitting at the dark wooden counter, holding a beer, as suddenly everyone came back to speak again. Noises of beer machines, mug's glasses hitting the tables, hoarse laughs and whistles could be heard again.

I was completely lost in that place until I saw a tall man with beards and a long leather jacket, with his back leaning against the counter.
Despite his appearance, he didn't seem arrogant like the rest of the people at the pub, which gave me enough confidence to address myself to him.

"Huhm"- I cleaned my throat. "Would you mind helping me?".

He looked down at me, resting his hands on his waist. - "Of course not, how can I help you?".

"Well, I've heard there is an entrance for Diagon Alley in this place."- I said, trying to sound confident.

"You're right. May I ask your name?"

"Alora, Alora Lancaster."- I replied as everyone looked back at me.

A man who was calmly reading his newspaper glanced at me over his glasses, which were resting on the tip of his nose, and raised his eyebrows at the tall man.

"Nice to meet you Alora, I'm Hagrid. Come with me, I'll show you the way"- he pronounced as I followed him to a compartment on the other side of the pub, completely empty and surrounded by brick walls.

Hagrid took off a pink umbrella from his jacket and touched the wall with its tip, making a sequence.
In a few seconds the bricks of the wall began to separate, forming a huge passageway to a long narrow street.
Although I live in a family of pure-blooded wizards, I only contacted with magic inside my house, since it would be completely tragic to do any magic in front of muggles.
This place is full of wizards just like me, which made me feel welcomed, even if people don't seem to be equally friendly.

I thanked Hagrid and walked down the long street, between dozens of stores and hundreds of people.
After having completed all my list, bought all my equipment, uniform, pet, books and wand, I walked to the King's Cross station.

Platform 9¾, I repeated to myself, remembering my family's indications and mentally asking where it could be located. I moved close to platform 9 and 10, it has to be somewhere over there, according to what they told me.
I saw a girl with wavy brown hair walking with a frog and a truck with the Hogwarts symbol.

"She must be a witch too."- I thought and placed myself behind her.

"Hey, what's up? Want some help?"- she turned around, after noticing my presence.

"Actually yes, I'm going to Hogwarts as well."

"Oh, God bless I'm not the only one around here. Where is everyone?!"- she asked loudly for herself, looking all round the station.- "Whatever, you're in the right place. You just need to clean your mind and pass that wall. And try not to focus in the fact that this is a wall, actually."- she laughed and ran, disappearing instantly.

I took a deep breath, trying to clear my mind and ran to the wall. Suddenly I found myself on the other side, I could hear the noise of the trains, parents saying goodbye to their children and smelling the hot steam coming from the trains.
I was very exited!

"Hey again!"- she girl slapped my shoulder and laughed. "I'm Sophia Greengrass by the way!"

"Oh, nice to meet you. I'm Alora Lancaster."

"I've heard about your family, you know, pure-bloods always know each other."- she replied, surprised.

"So I assume you're a pure-blood too."- a smile grew on my face.

"Yep! We should enter in the train, I don't wanna miss it!"

"Sure!"- I entered and Sophia ran to a girl in the middle of the corridor and entered to one compartment with her.

They must know each other already.
My family didn't hang out very much with another families, we are more close to our own family so i lived my whole life with my cousins as my best friends.
Now, I have finally the chance to make friends out of my family.
I didn't want to disturb them, so I entered in another compartment, an empty one.
Some time passed after the train left the station, I could see the beautiful view from the window. Long woods with tall trees that allowed only a few locks of light to pass between them.

I was enjoying my moment until someone opened my compartment door.
I turned around to face a girl with pale skin, black dress with a corset around her waist and long curly dark brown hair slipping down her shoulders.

"Hello?"- I frowned in confusion.

"Can I come in?"- she asked crossing her arms.

"Uhm, of course."- I smiled and looked at the seat in front of me.

She placed her truck near mine and sit, but didn't say anything.

"What's your name?"- I asked.

"Bellatrix."

"I think I've heard about you. Black family, right?"

She just nodded, I don't think she wanted to talk.
To be honest, I didn't even understand why she just went to my compartment in the middle of the trip.
We stayed in silence after that, then I bought some candy from a woman that passed by us with a small cart.

"Want one?"- I opened my hand with some candy on it.

"No..."- she replied not even taking her eyes off the window. "Thank you."- she looked at me with an ironic smile, then returning to her posture.

"You sure?"- I asked again, maybe she was just ashamed.

"Listen, I'm not here to be friends with you. I just came here because I can't stand my cousin anymore, understand?"- she raised her voice.

I didn't say anything. She looked angry and I didn't do anything as well. I just tried to start a normal conversation but she didn't seem very interested on it so we remained in silent for the rest of the trip.