*Chapter 17*

A month passed.

It was the same day Susheela's father passed away a month ago. During the time till now, happiness only increased in Chautala mansion, more specifically in Pramod and Susheela's life.

They did not feel poisoned looking into each other's eyes again, neither did they try to ignore. It was all getting better with time, their relationship was healing.

Early morning, Susheela's eyes opened feeling a quick peck on her forehead. She was neither nervous, nor uncomfortable like before.

"Good morning, Ruhail." Pramod smiled at her sitting on the edge of the bed beside her.

"Good morning Dr. Pramod."

She lazily rubbed her sleepy eyes and then sighed looking at down at her lap. Pramod stared at her, his lips not leaving the small yet sweet smile.

"Missing dad?"

"Mhm". Susheela said without moving her gaze. "You remember?"

"Of course, I do." Pramod softly said.

Susheela took a deep breath. "It all feels so blank. He.. left me."

Pramod slowly slided his hand and held Susheela's one in it. "He did not, he told me that he could never leave his pretty angel."

Susheela got her lips curving into a tiny smile of satisfaction. "He just went a little far, didn't he?"

Pramod just nodded in response looking at her. "So, ma'am has got her mood down today, I see. Wanna go to breathe?"

"Sure. I already feel suffocated." Susheela smiled.

"You never ask where I would take you, why so?"

"Because, the most you can do is take my life away. Didn't I lose it already?" She laughed in tiny. "I just, don't care."

"Or is it that you trust me a lot, my lady?" Pramod teased her.

"Hmm feel free to say that, Mr. Arrogant."

Both tickled each other jokingly and laughed until they got tired of laughing their lungs out.

While the sound of laughing reduced, a calm silence started taking place in the room.

Susheela was the one to break it. "I don't know, how many nights I've passed just wishing for death and ended up crying. Somehow, I wanted to feel death."

Pramod's eyes softened as he broke into a smile again. "Don't worry, let's make you feel life tonight."

Saying this he flicked her chin and went to get ready as Susheela got out of the bed laughing a bit.

*

"Good morning, Madhav!" Pramod looked up from his desk to see his best buddy Madhav entering his hospital cabin.

"Good morning."

"What's up with the attitude? Don't forget that you're still the one who used to get beaten by me." Pramod burst out laughing and running out of breath recalling their early teenage days.

"Yeah yeah now stop idiot." Madhav rolled his eyes laughing sometimes as well.

"Pramod, I just came to talk about.."

"About?"

"About your decision."

"Madhav you gotta be straight or what? What decision?"

"Either leave Susheela or Lily."

Pramod expressed a whole disappointment look through sighing and blinking once towards his friend.