*Chapter 14*

"Pramod? What are you doing here at this time?"

Susheela was flabbergasted by the sudden appearance of Pramod in the room, it was totally unexpected.

She stood up in her place and kept looking at the guy with wide eyes. "You still didn't sleep?"

"No, I was just heading to bed but you were missing so thought to search. Anyways, when are you planning to sleep?"

"Uhm, yeah just now.. let's go! I was just trying to find some jewellery of mom, nothing else." Susheela smiled trying to appear less nervous.

"Then let's go together."

Pramod started walking and Susheela just followed him as if they had been in an unknown place.

Little did Pramod know, she even managed to sneak and take the documents of old photos of them with her family somehow hiding inside her wears.

Entering the room, Susheela put the files on her table in a way no one gets to notice. Meanwhile she caught Pramod getting ready to sleep in the balcony and frowned.

"Listen.." She fake coughed.

Pramod turned to face her, "Hm?"

"You can sleep.. on the bed."

He raised an eyebrow and stared blankly at Susheela.

"And where will you sleep? On the floor?" He asked sarcastically.

"Stop kidding! And no I'll be sleeping on the bed too.. with you." She slowly scratched her head.

"Like, are you alright? Do you even know what you're saying?"

"I do. I mean, we are.. technically of course- together.. so, we can share the bed." Susheela hesitantly smiled a little. "Can't we?"

"Okay just listen, you don't have to be pressurized for the people Susheela, be comfortable and I wouldn't want you to be uneasy or-" Susheela cut him,

"I'm okay Mr. Chautala! It's weird to let you sleep outside, I feel extremely bad." She lowered her eyes.

"Well, fine then. Till you're okay with it."

Both shared a smiley glimpse and then got up on bed. As the lights went off, Susheela got her phone and started checking the comments on her new story chapters.

Her eyes sparkly searching for a particular comment, more specifically a comment by a particular person.

Suddenly her eyes caught what they wanted to, a comment again a bit mysterious and mixed with emotions.

It said, 'The feeling of being in love yet letting the beloved go, is kinda familiar. Loved it.'

Susheela scrunched her nose and silently giggled. "He is just so weird! He even has a beloved? I bet he does not! Who will date a busy doctor like him? Moreover, isn't he currently married? I will complain to mom for sure, Mr. Arrogant!" She mumbled side eyeing a sleeping Pramod beside her.

Even though she found it hilarious, somewhere in her heart it was hurting at the moment analysing the lines. What if he really loves someone else? And, what if it's none but Lily?

***

The next morning, Susheela woke up with jerk feeling someone's fingers brushing against her hair. She quickly sat straight in her position and beside her, as expected, Pramod was sitting who stood up.

"Tch tch, you've got dry hair, my lady. At least, apply some oil at times?"

Susheela frowned. "What have you been doing?"

"Was checking up on you, how was your sleep?"

"Fine."

Pramod smiled. Breaking the silence of a few seconds, Susheela spoke, "Don't you think you're trying to come close? Which is not good. Because we are-"

"I didn't really have such intentions. I know, we are going to apart from each other very soon. Just that, you looked adorable while sleeping." He assured.

Susheela got crimson red tinted over her cheeks as she slightly blushed, yet having a sad feeling in mind. Perhaps she was too hesitant to leave Pramod.

"I'll be going to the hospital late today, could you please make me a cup of coffee?"

"Sure."

She quickly went to get refreshed and start doing her usual chores as it was an off day at college and she had other plans ready for the day. It was going to be tough.

She brought the coffee carefully upstairs, and found the room empty because Pramod went to take a bath. She sighed placing the cup on the nightstand and glancing at the door once, Susheela got the documents she took last night out. It was the perfect time.

The more she turned the papers, the more things felt complicated to her. After turning the 5th page, a signature attractively drew her sight. It was her father's signature at the end of the paper. And right beside it, there was one on the left side almost looking like written 'Jay'.

It seemed difficult to her to understand whatever was described on the paper but one thing was clear, it was some sort of deal for certain business cases.

_______________________________

Surprise my lovely readers~❤