*Chapter 13*

It was an usual morning in Chautala mansion. Susheela was busy getting ready for college and Pramod for hospital.

"I'll be getting the car out, come fast." Susheela nodded a little to respond to Pramod.

She took her bag and walked out of her room. While passing through the corridor, she heard some noise from the room of Pramod's parents. Out of curiosity, she paid sharp heed to listen to the talks going on inside.

"Listen Jay, I'm telling you. This is not right, have you ever thought how she would feel when finally the truth comes out?"

She heard Minnie's disappointed voice and frowned.

"Then what should I do? Just go and tell her everything? What will she do then?"

"Simple, she'll leave Pramod! What else do you even expect?" Minnie raised her voice.

Susheela was too stunned to think of anything at the moment. What is she hearing?

Meanwhile a notification popped up turning her phone screen on, a message from Pramod.

09:37

Mr. Arrogant

Everything okay? You're taking long

Me

Wait

Coming

She left the place with a storm of suspicion. On the way to college, Pramod asked her many times if something happened but all she said was no, and maintained an awkward silence.

'She'll leave Pramod!'

The same conversation, the same lines kept repeating in her mind. Which truth they were talking about, what was being hidden from her, what they did not want her to know, Susheela was yearning to know everything.

Even in the college,
"What's wrong, Susheela? You've been spacing out so much. Feel free to get out if you find the session boring or useless!"

Susheela kind of nauseated at the random scold from one of the professors. Yet she was unable to stop thinking about whatever happened in the morning and concentrate on the sessions. At the end, she decided to find out the truth no matter how.

***

The door to the dark room slowly got pushed and opened revealing a Susheela in blue pajama. She entered the room with some silent steps so that no one could get any hint, as if she was gonna steal something from her own house. It was the room of Pramod's mom.

Most of the family members are asleep, mom and dad are out for a business party so their personal and official rooms were all locked, but the keys were handed to Susheela, who was in need of them the most.

"Sorry mom, I feel ashamed for spying in your room and entering like a thief but I need to find out so, forgive me yeah?" Susheela mumbled a few words like this looking upwards and soon proceeded to accomplish her motive.

Holding the small torch in her hands, she started searching for stuff that could show her a way to what they were talking about earlier like an inexperienced spy.

"Those YouTube videos about investigating really did not help. Damn I can't find even a single evidence."

Checking a few drawers and wardrobes along with some documents, Susheela moved her hands over many of the papers and photos but nothing serious came out.

Suddenly, a white colored file reached her hands just when she was about the leave the room with disappointment after rearranging the whole area and wrapping up all the mess she had created.

It was an exceptional document kept away from the others with special care. Seemed to be really important to Susheela.

She opened the paper set and kept sliding, inside them hid mostly the childhood pictures of Dr. Pramod or their old family photos. They looked really happy back then.

While going through the stored memories, out of nowhere an unusual picture kept safely in the folder caught Susheela's eyes.

Though it was way too difficult to believe at first, but the picture was of Dr. Pramod's family with Dharampal and Susheela as a small baby. Hilariously, her mom was also present there. Her eyes widened with shock and amusement.

A sudden voice from the door made her go blank at once.

"Susheela?"

_____________________________

Guess who is back guys-

It's 01:30 at night and I don't know why I updated now- well maybe I was getting irritated solving maths :P

now bye~ see you in the next chapter❤