*Chapter 2*

(Susheela's POV)

Doctor didn't utter a word, everything was so quite all the way. His face clearly expressed his disturbance & how stressed he was. I never thought that my life would be such a mess someday, when I wouldn't even know what is waiting for me next.

Finally, we reached our destination, Mumbai. We did some tests in the hospital of dad & they said that it would take 3 days to prepare the reports. I decided to take papa home & receive his reports coming here after 3 days. The moment I started discussing it with doctor, he again turned furious.

"What have you found it, huh? You'll drag such a weak patient to home now? Seriously!? If you need to go, just go alone. Being a doctor I can't let my patients be in risk, understood!?" He said to me with a straight face.

Again being compelled I had to go with doctor. Earlier he used to behave polite with me and even give tips to study, though I'm not that familiar with him. But today his cruelty is seriously killing me, is it all my fault? Well he even has the right to be disturbed, after whatever happened.

We arrived at the gate of doctor Pramod's home. He rang the bell and I kept standing behind him being afraid. My father was there too.

After a minute or two, a lady opened the door. She seemed like doctor's mother to me. Her face is quite dark, perhaps yet she can't accept the fact of her son's sudden marriage.

"Come in." She said without hearing anything from doctor.

I entered with him and stood in the hall room. There were some more people whom I ain't familiar with, they must be doctor's family members.

Before I could understand the situation, a girl probably of 16 or 17 years shouted, "Welcome home, bhabi!"

I felt the worst that time & found myself in an awkward moment. What type of act is that!?

Papa asked me showing some signs through his eyes to greet them. I quickly did so. Leaving me there alone, doctor went inside the house; in his room, washroom or whatever. He should have stayed with me for at least a little more time.

Breaking the silence, the lady started speaking to me with a heavy tone.

"Birth, marriage & death; I strongly believe in these three. I had a lot of dreams and plans for my son Pramod's marriage, I wanted to see his wife before anyone else. Never imagined all these to happen so soon, however... it's all about fate." She said with a sigh.

"She is my daughter & Pramod's younger sister, Priya. She will take you to your room." The lady said to me pointing towards that young girl. "And yeah, just like a daughter-in-law, you'll call me mom as Pramod does, alright?"

"Okay." I slowly replied.

"Let me show your room bhabi, come with me." Priya said holding my hands & took me inside the house. They showed Papa a room already & he went there.

I was just admiring their home, style, living, taste and all. They seem rich! But it's yet not fitting in my mind, how they accepted me so easily, who is just a simple girl from a small city of Haryana.

I entered a room with Priya, she seemed really excited to inform me about the surroundings.

"Bhabi, here we're in the most beautiful room of Chautala Mansion; which is of Dr. Pramod. Now you'll share the same room, so I'm sure! It will be more beautiful now, as its care taker has arrived." Priya said with an innocent smile. "Anyways, there's a locker bhabi, mom had kept her future daughter-in-law's new wears perfectly there. You can choose and take anything from them, and freshen up!"