28

Cora's pov

Every time Connor said something, it made me want to stay more. I would run down flights of stairs at a time. But when no one was there, I thought. I got into deep thought. Did I even want to stay? Did I want to die? I didn't want to hurt Connor. But I also didn't want to hurt myself anymore.

I hear Connor cry.

I hear what must be Kian come in and say "Con." I hear Connor get up. "Come here," I'm guessing he hugs him. I've never seen, well heard now, Connor cry in front of any of his guy friends, or anyone other than me and his family.

"I can't lose her, Kian. I love her."

"I know, I know." he says, trying to comfort him.

"No, I really love her.." His voice gets quieter, "I.. I'm in love with her." If I could move, my jaw would've dropped. I run down the stairs, for Connor, no one else. I didn't want to remember anyone else.

Connors pov

"I.. I'm in lover with her." Kians jaw drops.

Cora's heart monitor speeds up, not just a little, it sped up, really fast.

"What..what's happening?" I cry. I start breathing heavily. A nurse and doctor run in and check all of her things.

Her heart monitor speeds up even faster.

"I think she's hyperventilating!" one of them yells. Kian tries to make me leave as I stare in shock.

"No! I'm not leaving!" I yell as he pulls me.

Cora shoots up, alive, awake, and gasping for air.

"Cora!" I run in and hug her tightly.

"Connor," she says normally, but happy. I look at her and she's smiling.

"I'm so glad you're awake!" I cry tears of joy. Everyone, Sam, Jenn, Willow, Jc, Kian and Ricky come in. They all run to the bed. She pulls away from the hug.

"Who are all of you?" she asks. My jaw drops and my eyes water.

"Wait you don't remember any of them?" I ask.

"I don't know who any of them are, just you.." she says. Sam, Jc, and Willow tear up.

"Cora, we're all your friends. Think really hard." I say.

"I'm sorry," she mumbles. "I don't know who they are."

Jc runs to the hall.

"Doctor dude! Why doesn't she remember any of us? Other than Connor?" he asks.

"Maybe she chose not remember, or maybe she just doesn't." the doctor replies.

"Will she ever remember?" he cries.

"Hard to say," he says and walks away.

I hug Cora.

"How long was I in the coma?" she asks.

"A month.." I reply.

"Woah," she laughs. "When can I go home?"

The doctor comes in almost on point.

"We're going to run a few tests and you're free to go, but you have to come back next month for a check up. We need you all to leave for the tests, please and thank you."

We all leave the room. When we get back to the waiting room I'm the only one happy.

"Connor, how can you be happy?" Jc asks.

"Well, i almost lost my best friend. Excuse the fuck outta me for being happy she woke up." I say and walk over to sit down next to Willow.

"She doesn't remember me, and she's the one who brought me out of my shell. She's the one that was a friend to me, when no one else was." she says. I hug her.

"Give her time, she'll remember. And if not, you can start over.." I say. I want to comfort them all, like they all did for me.