2

Cora's pov

Connor and I's friendship really made us seem like we were dating. We had cuddle sessions sometimes, and fed eachother food, but that's just how we were.

I went to Connor's house the day after I told him everything. We decided we were going to tell his parents. He decided actually, I didn't want to tell them, I was too embarrassed.

Connor wanted me to wear short sleeves so they could see. I didn't want them to see though. I didn't want anyone to see. Just as I was about to shower, Connor called.

Connor: What time will you be here?
Me: Connor, I don't feel so good. I don't want to tell them. Please don't. Please Connor! I'm begging you. I don't want them to know, or anyone for that matter.

I was crying. My mom burst into my room and I dropped my phone.

Connor's pov

Cora dropped her phone and I heard yelling. Then I heard a noise, it sounded like skin on skin, smacking. And punching. It was continuous. I started to panic and feared for Cora. She was tiny, skin and bones, she couldn't defend herself anymore.

"Cora? Cora! Answer me!" I yelled that through the phone. I heard crying.

"Connor!" she sobbed. "Help me."

That hit me hard. Never has Cora ever. Ever. Sounded so vulnerable and helpless.

I lived a good 10 minutes from Cora. I had to get to her.

"Cora, please calm down, I'm on my way. Stay on the phone, I need to hear you." She continued sobbing, but it got fainter. And then the line went silent.

What had she done?

When I reached her house, her moms car was gone. I ran in through the front door and into Cora's room.

"Cora!" I yelled through the house. I got no answer back. I ran to the bathroom, to see something dreadful. She was crying in a pool of her own blood, an empty pill bottle, blades..everywhere.

"Oh, Cora. Why?" I picked her up and cradled her. I held onto her as I pulled out my phone and dialed 911.

I rocked back and forth with Cora in my arms, knowing this could be my last goodbye. I kissed her forehead.

"Cora, please stay awake. Don't go. I need you." I cried into her shirt. She was still crying, but so soft, it was almost unheard. I was getting dizzy. But I heard faint sirens.

I remember them take Cora, I sat there in a pool of her blood. I snapped out of my haze and ran after them.

They wouldn't let me in the ambulance. I text my mom and follow the ambulance.

When I get to the hospital I run to the front desk.

"Where is she?" I yell. "Please, Cora Andrews. She just arrived here, in an ambulance. Please, where is she?"

"Sir, please-"

"NO! Please! I need to see her! Please!" I started freaking out and she called for doctors. They pull me down and inject me with a needle. I fee dizzy and that's the last I remember until I wake up in a hospital bed.