26

After a long day I have to go home. I call my mom.

M(om)- Hey bub, when are you going to be here? We have a lot of planning.
C(onnor)- Mom,

I already start to cry.

C- Cora's in a coma.
M- What?! What happened?
C- She was in a car crash, she's in critical condition.
M- That's terrible.

I quiver.

C- Mom I can't leave her. I'll be there for the funeral, but I have to come back for Cora. I can't help but think every moment I spend with her is her last. I don't want to lose her.
M- I understand. Well try to get everything over with, but you'll be here for at least a week, Con.

I tell my mom bye and grab my things to head to the airport. The whole drive, wait, flight, and drive to my small Minnesota home, I was thinking of Cora and how much I was going to miss her. When I get home I greet everyone, there was lots of family, some id only seen once or twice. Everyone seemed so sad and aggravated.

"Hey, everyone," I say, they all run up and hug me and greet me with kisses.

"Connor, help us pick a tombstone. She wanted something small and simple, but nice. We need a casket too," my mom says.

Willows pov

It's like as soon as Connor left for Minnesota, Cora started getting worse. Her heart rate was so low, she was slowly dying. I decide to call Connor, he deserves to know.

M(e)- Connor..
C- Yeah? I can't talk long, we're having trouble with caskets and tombs, I'm going to be here for a long time. We can't even get a burial time anytime soon. Is everything alright?

I feel my throat swell up.

M- She's gotten worse since you left.
C- What do you mean? What's happened to her?
M- Her heart rate has dropped dangerously low.
C- Oh my god. What, what's that mean?
M- She's dying, Connor.

I hear him start to cry, harder than I've ever heard him cry. He re gathers himself.

C- I can't lose her..

He starts to like..hyperventilate.

M- Connor, calm down.
C- I can't. I'm not there to be by her side, and to say goodbye.
M- Connor you need to come back, now. She's letting go without you here.
C- I'll see what I can do.

He stand up and I stand up from the chair I was sitting in, next to Cora's bed. I look at her and sit back down. I grab her hand and begin to cry. I'd been ignoring her ever since i met Jenn.

"Cora, please hold on. Don't let go. Connors coming back as soon as he can." I shake. "Cora I'm so sorry. You tried to be a friend to me, you were my first friend, and after I came to live with Jenn, I ignored you. I'm so sorry."

I look up and notice her heart rates picked up a little, she really needs Connor. Being alone is helping none. A doctor comes in.

"Excuse me, do you know if she's getting any better? Will she get better?" I ask.

"Her hearts picked up a bit, that's good, but I don't know if she will get much better, does she have a parent, or guardian? That could come in?"

"I'm afraid not, her best friend is coming when he can,"

"She needs everyone she loves, everyone she can get. She could use all the love." The doctor says and leaves. I let out a sigh. Connor can help.

Cora's pov .. ?!

I was alone in a huge, endless white room.