12

I know me and Jc just met recently, but I get butterflies when he's around. I feel safe. He makes me somewhat, really happy. And it would've been really awkward to reject him when he bought me such a beautiful necklace.

On the ride home I turn on the radio, it's Ed Sheerans "A Team." This is my favorite song by him, I don't know why, but I like it a lot. I sing along to the music and Jc grabs my hand again. He looks at me and smiles.

"You're really beautiful," he says through his smile.

"Please watch the road," I say as he slams on the breaks to avoid hitting the car in front of us. He laughs and I playfully punch him in the arm.

When we get back I go inside and take my makeup off. I walk into Connor's room, he's gone though.

To: Connor 💜
Where'd you go?

From: Connor 💜
Figured you'd be gone all night. I'm with Ricky.

Oh. I go to my room and take my shoes off. I begin to take my dress off when I hear my door open. I turn around and immediately cover my bare chest.

"Jc!" I scream.

"What babe?" he laughs.

"I'm getting dressed, get out!" I yell.

"Calm down babe," he comes over to me and kisses me, pinching my ass. I push him away and pull my dress back up.

"Can you please leave? I'm not comfortable with you in here."

"Why not?" he says with a smirk. "I'm your boyfriend."

"As of today!" I yell. He pushes me against the wall, hard enough for it to hurt. This seems all too familiar. I think back to my dream, had it been Jc?

"Jc, stop." I squeak. He pushes my wrists into the wall. "Please, you're hurting me." A tear falls down my face.

"I want you Cora. I want to make you feel loved, as an apology. You need someone to make you happy, and I can do that." he says.

"I'm not ready," I mumble.

"You're ready if I say so." he pushes himself onto me and then drags me to the bed, throwing me down. "You're ready," he says. I try to push him off of me. "Oh, babe, I'm much stronger, there's no use."

I can't help but cry, but I don't want to show weakness. I get my knee up enough and knee him hard in the gut. He doubles over and I run. When I get to the door he grabs my wrist and turns me around. He slaps me hard in the face, I slide down to the ground. He walks out of my room and I'm left there alone.

I wait for him to go to his room before I run downstairs. I open the door and run outside. I run a few blocks down and look behind me. There's no sign of him. I walk for a long time, I forgot my phone, I don't know what time it is. I don't even know where I'm going. I hear a car pull up behind me, I fear that it's Jc. I look over.

"Cora?" they ask. I walk to the side of the car.

"Sam!" I open the door and get in. I immediately start to cry, silently.

"Why are you outside so late? It's like 11 p.m." he says. I look over at him. He sees my watery eyes and wet cheeks.

"Cora, what's wrong?" I rip my necklace off and throw it out the window.

"Nothing that I want to talk about." I say.

"Are you sure?" he asks. I burst into tears.

"Jc asked me to be his girlfriend today, I accepted, but.." I continue to cry.

"Alright, it's okay. Do you want to come over?" I nod and wipe my cheeks.