25

Connors pov

I get a call, as I'm about to leave for the airport. It's Cora. We talk about everything for a while, both of us getting upset. Then I hear a loud, loud noise and the phone dies.

I start to freak out and try calling again. No reply. I wait a while, hoping maybe she's call. I then get a call from an unknown number.

"Hello? Who is this?"

"This is Dr. Miller from the local hospital in LA, is this Connor?" What could this be about?

"This is him," I answer.

"Im required to tell you, Cora..Andrews? is it? She has been in a car wreck."

"Is- Is she okay?!" I ask.

"She's in critical condition, she's in surgery right now, we'd like you to come here for more information."

"I'll be there in 10 minutes." I hang up and turn my car around. I drive to the hospital, going 20 over the speed limit. I run inside and ask for a doctor.

"Are you Connor?" I nod. "I'm Dr.Miller," he says.

"What happened?" I cry.

"It looked as if she'd been on the phone, part of the glass was actually stuck in her face." He gives me a sorry look. I begin to panic. "A semi had the right away and tboned her, on the drivers side. She has slight brain damage, broken ribs, and gashes on her legs. It's very critical, we don't know if there's swelling to the brain yet, we'll let you know."

I break down. This is my fault. I kept Cora on the phone even though she was driving. I made her cry, which is why she didn't see.

I call Sam.

C- Sam! Cora's in the hospital..
S- What? Wait! Did she try to commit suicide?
C- No, car wreck.

I start crying harder.

S- Connor, calm down. I'll be there as soon as I can.

I hang up and pace around the waiting room. I run my hands through my hair and cry more. Sam runs into the waiting room with Willow and Jc.

"How is she?" Jc asks, looking sad.

"Is she okay?" Willow asks. They all look worried.

"She's in critical condition, they don't really know anything." Tears run down my face and they pull me into a group hug and comfort me. "It's all my fault." I whisper.

"No it's not. Don't say that," Willow says. They try to comfort me, but I was so rude to Cora, and that could've been my last moments with her. And they were bad. As I sit down a doctor walks in.

"Connor Franta?" he asks. All four of us run up.

"I'm Connor. Yes?"

"We'd like to inform you, Cora is out of surgery." All four of us let out a huge sigh. "But she's in a coma."

"How long?! Do you know?" I cry.

"No, but we can take one visitor." I follow the doctor to the room Cora was in. I see her laying there, looking so lifeless. I run up to her and the doctor leaves. I sit down next to her bad and hold her hand as I cry.

"Cora, I'm so sorry, I can't help but feel that I did this to you. And now, what am I gonna do? I have to leave you and go back to Minnesota, I don't know when I'll be back, or If I'll be back. You're my best friend Cora. I never meant to hurt you, but the words I said to you, hey we're so cruel. I'm so sorry." I cry harder than I ever have. I didn't want to lose my one best friend.

I stay with Cora all night. I sleep with my face buried in her hand.

A nurse wakes me up. "Sir, we have to run some tests, if you could wait in the waiting room." I lift up my head, I can just feel how terrible I look, after a night of crying. The nurse gives me a sad look. "I'm sure she will be okay," she tells me with a smile. I half smile back.

I walk back to the waiting room. Jc, Sam, Jenn, Willow, Kian, and Ricky engulf me in a hug. I start to cry again and they comfort me as much as they can.

"I don't wanna lose her," I whisper.

"Connor, you won't, she's going to make it." Kian says. "Cora's strong, I know she's been through a lot, and put herself through a lot, and done things that hurt some of us, but she's a strong girl."

I hug Kian and cry in his shoulder. "Thank you."

______

This story is Complete! But I haven't published the rest, start commenting suggestions for a new story after this ones completely published? Thank you!